Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Pro Camera Shop

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Munro
Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 11:48 AM

I came across this link on ephotozine (http://www.procamerashop.co.uk/) and had a quick look at what appear to be very low prices.

Their website give an office address in Carlisle, but only for admin. Anyone any experience of this organisation?

Reviews of this site (if believable) seem very positive, however I also appreciate if things seem too good to be true they often are.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Sep 2012 - 11:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114493 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 11:53 AM

Nope, but they're in Hong Kong and their T&Cs suggest there may be some taxes to pay .......

Ade

ChrisV
ChrisV  7763 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 12:29 PM

Can't find the T&C on the site, or where the company is registered, but the suggestion is clearly there that they're shipping from within the UK.

Their prices seem incredibly variable. The Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS II seems very cheap at 1,433, [Amazon's price is 1800] but in contrast the Panasonic 20 f1.7 at 387 looks exorbitant - even at standard UK prices. Mine was around 305 when I bought it last year from WEX - Amazon are currently offering it at 270.

So prices certainly aren't low across the board - makes you wonder what's going on...

triumph
triumph  5 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 1:16 PM

Hi I have emailed them asking if they are uk stock. I am interested in the Nikon D600 but like yourself would like some advice as to their credability. Triumph

Jon_Iliffe
26 Sep 2012 - 1:38 PM

The link to the T&C's is at the bottom of all pages on their website.
The company is registered in Kowloon, Honk Kong and their is a section in the T&C's in capital letters pointing out you may be liable for import duties & VAT.
Strange that the contact address on the website is in Cumbria and the site states they only ship to the UK.

If I was a cynic I might think that they are trying to give the impression they are a British company (eg .co.uk web address) shipping from Britain and hope you don't look at the T&C's!!

Having said that some prices are so low it may be worth paying the import taxes.

Munro
Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 1:57 PM

I have just received the following email from the company detailing delivery and tax concerns.

"(Quote) Thank you for your email.

All orders are fulfilled and shipped from our Crawley warehouse (UK), you would not incur any duties, taxes or VAT as the website price is the final amount you will need to pay.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

ProCameraShop Team
www.procamerashop.co.uk"

triumph
26 Sep 2012 - 2:40 PM

Hi thankyou for your comments, I emailed them with the query of were they selling UK stock, and so far no reply. I am led too believe the guarantee is not valied if it is not UK stock. Is this true or false. Triumph

triumph
26 Sep 2012 - 2:45 PM

Well I have to eat my words they have replied. They have told me they personally give a 12 month guarantee in house. They also admitted if not specifically stated uk batch that they could have been sourced from somewhere else. Honest, when you ask the right question. I may still wait and see if the price drops. thankyou triumph

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 3:05 PM

Have you tried Kerso (Ian Kerr) (Flash Camera) (flashcamera@live.com)?

ChrisV
ChrisV  7763 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 3:29 PM

Quote: Have you tried Kerso (Ian Kerr) (Flash Camera) (flashcamera@live.com)?

I've bought some Samyang lenses through him - those things are imports anyway [from Poland in that case I think - in terms of his source]. They were good value, arrived quickly and they are simple and sturdy optics, so no problems.

Still think the Procamerashop prices are all over the place. It may be that anything that is specifically UK sourced [possibly the Panasonic lenses?] are not particularly competitive.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 3:38 PM

Ian Kerr gives out UK invoice. I have used them for cashback offer with Canon UK (for both body and lens) and have had no issue whatsoever.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93489 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 3:49 PM

Quote: I am led too believe the guarantee is not valied if it is not UK stock. Is this true or false. Triumph

...before buying a Nikon lens from One stop Digital in Hong Kong, I rang Nikon UK and told them I was going on holiday to HK and may buy a lens...would it have a UK warranty..."Yes I was told, but the same does not apply to camera bodies"

B_Real
B_Real  9126 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 3:59 PM

I too enquired about the sending location and warranty details, for a Nikon D7000. Their response came 1hr 2 minutes later:

Quote: Thank you for your email.

All orders are fulfilled and shipped from our Crawley warehouse (UK),
you would not incur any duties, taxes or VAT as the website price is the
final amount you will need to pay.

Our system usually specifies through which channel products have been
sourced. However, it does not state where our sourcing team has acquired
the current supply of Nikon D7000 Digital SLR's from - this would
suggest that perhaps they have not come through UK distribution.
Regardless of this, the system specifies that it has a UK specification
with an English manual, English software and UK compatible plug as expected.

With regards to warranty, all products are covered by our in-house
warranty which covers parts and labour as standard for one year,
irrespective of their origin. If any faults were to develop within that
period we would use authorised repair centres only. In the unlikely
event that something did go wrong, you need only contact us and we would
manage the whole process for you.

Hopefully this answers your query. Please don't hesitate to contact us
again with any other questions that you may have.

photoshy
photoshy  3 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 4:19 PM

hi.
had a lens from them.
no problem at all..
the courier label said shipped from heathrow.
stuart.

Caisiel
Caisiel  2 Wales
26 Sep 2012 - 4:43 PM

This seems very very similar to another shop, Panamoz, an on-line retailer that had mixed reviews, but prices too good not to look at. The items were definately grey-imports and not UK stock, stocks kept in the UK are shipped in as grey imports, or you get delivery from the supplier - usually Hong Kong. Warranty is via the supplier only (didn't realise this at the time). Prices included all taxes and duties - marked out in their terms at that time, I was never asked by authorities to pay any fee (i.e. ordered from B&H once and had to pay import on a camera body - no vat)

A year or two ago I purchased in total two Sony HVLF58 flashes and trigger flash saving me 4-500, and a 135mm lens saving 400. I must be honest I was nervous and ordered the 70 trigger flash first on its own, I paid via paypal which is good security, and received tracking details. The item was with me in 7 days, all good, in Chinese post packet. So I ordered the rest. All items were professionally packed, original and still work fine.

I have no complaints about prices or product, but in hindsight, if something went wrong, I wonder how I would have had help to rectify it. Piece of mind is valuable when your talking photography equipment, I think.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.