Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Pro Camera Shop

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

triumph
triumph  5 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 4:46 PM

Hi exact wording as my reply but obviously changing the words to D600, I was unable to send it to the forum, my inability with the internet. Thankyou for posting it. I think for peace of mind it will have to be LCE for me, I must confess they are very helpful but I just need to justify the price difference. I shall be starting with Nikon from scratch and therefore need a couple of lenses etc. triumph

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Sep 2012 - 4:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Munro
Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 6:22 PM

Similar to one of the earlier posters above I have also used Ian Kerso before, and he is my usual reference point for pricing as I consider his service very good. However, when looking at his current prices for 5D mk ii & iii respectively he is asking £1439 & £2399.

The Pro Camera site is asking £1189 & £1998 for each.

triumph
26 Sep 2012 - 6:35 PM

LCE offered me the D600 with the 24 to 85 vr lense for £2150.00 and the pro shop was £1849.00 big difference, however I could go to Derby and try the camera still without comitment. Maybe I should stay with my Olympus. Decisions, decisions, I am exhausted. triumph

Snapster
Snapster e2 Member 2115 forum postsSnapster vcard England
26 Sep 2012 - 9:28 PM

I would take a look at their T&C's, at the bottom it states that you may be liable to taxes and duties depending on the laws of the country being shipped to.

Munro
Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 11:24 PM

This was covered in an earlier email response I received.

Quote: I have just received the following email from the company detailing delivery and tax concerns.

"(Quote) Thank you for your email.

All orders are fulfilled and shipped from our Crawley warehouse (UK), you would not incur any duties, taxes or VAT as the website price is the final amount you will need to pay.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

ProCameraShop Team
www.procamerashop.co.uk"

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62435 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 - 7:13 AM

It is up to each buyer to do their own homework.
When prices are extremely low there is usually something in the terms and conditions.
Taxes are 20% on a body and approximately 27% on a lens. I gather Customs and Excise with the delivey company charge 2% to collect the tax from a customer.
If you use a credit card to buy in a foreign currency the credit card company adds about 3% for "admin" to the exchange rate used to convert the payment into £UK.
The headline advertised price may be less than you end up paying.
As regards a warranty Nikon lenses should (as distinct from will) have a Nikon Japan 12 month warranty in the box which Nikon UK honour to the original purchaser on proof of purchase.
Nikon digital bodies (and I understand most other brands) come with a "territory" specific warranty eg carried out only in the Far East or USA instead of most countries in the EEC if an official Nikon import.
The instruction book with a grey import may not be in English.
With a UK based company (as distinct from a delivery address) you have Distance Selling Regulations protection and can just change your mind and have your money back within about 10 days. In addition in most cases if a camera develops a fault within 6 months there is a legal presumption the fault was present when new and you are entitled to your money back or an exchange from the retailer.
Discounts are sometimes possible from UK retailers.
This is a good link to start from http://www.camerapricebuster.com/Nikon_D600_Body_pc.html
"Cheapest" prices are not always risk free.

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62435 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 - 7:20 AM

Quote:
All orders are fulfilled and shipped from our Crawley warehouse (UK), you would not incur any duties, taxes or VAT as the website price is the final amount you will need to pay.

Is there a normal VAT invoice issued with the goods?

robranger
robranger  4
27 Sep 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi all

Not tried Pro Camera Shop but I have tried Panamoz and Value Basket, both of which I think are based in Hong Kong. Both were really good - I ordered a Canon 70-300L from Panamoz and a Canon 17-55 from Value Basket and both lenses came within a week, well packaged and well priced as well!! Hope this helps.......

triumph
27 Sep 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hi I know what you are saying, maybe I will buy future lenses from them, but I need maybe a little advice or help with switching from Olympus to Nikon, not that I have done so YET, but buying a camera body and needing lots of user information to get started I now feel LCE in Derby is my best option. I have bought 2nd hand gear from the LCE in Nottingham and I had a problem with my flash, they honoured the problem sent it back to Olympus and brill still works very well. I had purchased my 1st flash unit fl36 from a uk actually company but mail order and they were not all that helpful , when that unit had an intermitant problem, however whoever decided to pick it up from a local camera club would soon have known it had a problem. We all want to save money, lets face WE have an expensive hobby, I think the best adviice has been wait until the price drops, However patience is not my strongest point. Thankyou again for all the advice received. triumphWink

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2012 - 4:42 PM

I bought my new Fujifilm X10 from ProCameraShop. Everything went extremely smoothly. I was kept informed by e-mail at every stage of the proceedings and the camera was delivered by courier when they said it would be. I have also registered it with Fujifilm and have my full UK warranty in place. On top of all of that it was cheaper (substantially so in the case of many other suppliers) than I could get through any other retailer.

OK, mine is only one example but I couldn't be happier with the service they provided.

CORNISHBOY
5 Oct 2012 - 9:47 PM

Bought A Sony A65 SLT from them and it was Delivered the next Day seems a Grey import but works just fine and I saved a great deal of Money so am very Happy'''Smile

Ptr_A
Ptr_A  554 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Oct 2012 - 11:14 PM

I bought my Canon 60d from Procamera shop. The box was damaged and I was told I could have the whole lot replaced. I refused but the camera, unbeknown to me, was faulty, due to the box being damaged in transit. I took the camera to H Lehmanns. The camera was repaierd under warranty. I recently bought a Sigma 50 - 500 os from Procamera shop. I not only saved a lot of money on both items, but the service from Procamera shop was excellent. The damage to the camera was the fault of the courier not the sender. Our eldest son recently bought the new Canon 5d mk111 from them. Also, you can get a price reduction of 3% if paying by direct bank transfer. I don't work for Procamera shop, I just think they are the best shop in the UK for price and service.

User_Removed
9 Oct 2012 - 11:25 AM

I too have bought from Procamera Shop and got an excellent deal on a 17-40L - under £500.00 and will certainly consider buying again - can't recommend them enough. I even bought a 2nd hand 70-300 L off e bay recently which originally came from ProCameras but paid more than they're selling new! Goes to show you pay your money and take your chance! Smile

Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13320 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 2:50 PM

Just bought a Tamron 90mm from them. Good service, very quick delivery and the lens is what it says on the box.

brockadale
22 Mar 2013 - 2:43 PM

SmileSmileHi Folks
I have recently purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M5 with 12-50mm kit lens, plus a Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm lens from Procamerashop. I noticed that their price, that of Hdewcameras and SRS were very similar and much cheaper than most other dealers. I rushed into it and purchased from Procamerashop.

Everything arrived well packed and with UPS delivery service but when I checked the contents against the handbook I couldn't find a warranty card. I checked with Procamerashop but they stated that I didn't need one as they provided the 12 month warranty etc. However I became more anxious especially when I found on their web site that they are based on Kowloon, and decided to return the goods. I carefully packed everything, but first photographing the items and returned by Parcel Force, insured and recorded delivery.

Within 7 days I have been fully refunded. So if you are not concerned about 'grey' imports I can recommend Procamerashop. They kept me fully informed by e-mail of each stage of the purchased and return of goods. Phone enquires were handled courteously and by someone who appear keen to provide customers with good service.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.