Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

problem with cannon eos 100

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    STUARTHILL758
    2 Nov 2003 - 8:32 PM

my camera has just started to rewind the film at the beginning and not the end i have tryed self load plastic and shop bought and changing the custom No1 any ideas

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Nov 2003 - 8:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Little Jo
    Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
    2 Nov 2003 - 9:27 PM

Hi Stuart

What do you mean by 'self load plastic'? I assume Custom No 1 is a custom function?

Two things prompt film rewind - the camera frame counter reaching 36 or an increase in the tension in the film. Sometimes the film within the cannister can be wound too tightly and will trigger premature rewinding. The other possibly is a problem with the camera itself.

Give more detailled information and hopefully the solution to your problem will become clearer.

Jo

Little Jo
    Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
    2 Nov 2003 - 11:37 PM

Hi Stuart

I've just read the troubleshooter sections in my collection of EOS Magazines, I also read up on your EOS 100.

The EOS 100 was the first Canon camera to use a sprocketless mechanism to advance the film. The info I put my previous post is correct, though according to EOS Magazine, you setting Custom Function 1 to '1' should have stopped the automatic rewind.

Two things to try:

1. Try a standard 36 exposure roll from a different manufacturer.

2. Turn the spindle to slacken the film inside the cannister before loading.

If these suggestions don't work, then there may indeed be a problem with your EOS 100.

Jo

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.