Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Problem with Epson photo R265

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rjpring
    rjpring  9 United Kingdom
    15 Mar 2013 - 5:24 PM

My printer is several years old. It has recently started giving pictures with a colour cast, sometimes green, sometimes pink, often graded across the picture. A nozzle check indicates no problem. However, after giving a cleaning cycle anyway, problem seems solved - but only for a short time. Leaving anything over 10 minutes without use, problem re-occurs. Is this curable or should I cut my losses and replace printer?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Mar 2013 - 5:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler
    rambler e2 Member 5467 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Mar 2013 - 11:53 PM

I had one of those and even though I used it regularly and only used expensive Epsom inks it did the same thing. It also used lots of ink on the cleaning cycle so the ink to print ratio was quite poor.
    I binned it and bought a Canon where you can remove the head to clean it if necessary.

rjpring
    16 Mar 2013 - 7:19 AM

Many thanks - That is what I thought might be the feeling. Which Canon did you decide on, and how do the results compare?

seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7529 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    17 Mar 2013 - 12:37 PM

If you want A3 prints I recommend the Canon Pixma Pro 100 - I've just bought one and am very impressed with its results.

rjpring
    17 Mar 2013 - 1:41 PM

Thanks for advice. I'm not sure if I can get an A printer past the management(!!) so will probably get another A4. Looking at reviews, again the Ca\non Pixma seems to come out best although it has fewer colour cartridges than the Epson, so I am probably heading that way.

justin c
    justin c  104512 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Mar 2013 - 2:17 PM

You won't be disappointed with one of the Canon Pixma printers and will most certainly find the print quality every bit as good as the Epson you've been using.
    I can highly recommend the Canon Pixma iP4950 which is an A4 model for approximately 70.
    If you want the ability to print up to A3+, Canon are offering 30 cashback on a Canon Pixma iX6550 making it an attractive option at roughly 120.

User_Removed
    17 Mar 2013 - 2:19 PM

Another vote for Pixmas. I think the Pixmas are very capable and some of the third-party inks are actually pretty good too but some you have to avoid like the plague.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.