Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Problem with Epson photo R265

rjpring e2
10 3 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2013 5:24PM
My printer is several years old. It has recently started giving pictures with a colour cast, sometimes green, sometimes pink, often graded across the picture. A nozzle check indicates no problem. However, after giving a cleaning cycle anyway, problem seems solved - but only for a short time. Leaving anything over 10 minutes without use, problem re-occurs. Is this curable or should I cut my losses and replace printer?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler e2
6 477 14 England
15 Mar 2013 11:53PM
I had one of those and even though I used it regularly and only used expensive Epsom inks it did the same thing. It also used lots of ink on the cleaning cycle so the ink to print ratio was quite poor.
I binned it and bought a Canon where you can remove the head to clean it if necessary.
rjpring e2
10 3 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2013 7:19AM
Many thanks - That is what I thought might be the feeling. Which Canon did you decide on, and how do the results compare?
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 12:37PM
If you want A3 prints I recommend the Canon Pixma Pro 100 - I've just bought one and am very impressed with its results.
rjpring e2
10 3 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 1:41PM
Thanks for advice. I'm not sure if I can get an A printer past the management(!!) so will probably get another A4. Looking at reviews, again the Ca\non Pixma seems to come out best although it has fewer colour cartridges than the Epson, so I am probably heading that way.
justin c e2
11 4.6k 36 England
17 Mar 2013 2:17PM
You won't be disappointed with one of the Canon Pixma printers and will most certainly find the print quality every bit as good as the Epson you've been using.
I can highly recommend the Canon Pixma iP4950 which is an A4 model for approximately 70.
If you want the ability to print up to A3+, Canon are offering 30 cashback on a Canon Pixma iX6550 making it an attractive option at roughly 120.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 2:19PM
Another vote for Pixmas. I think the Pixmas are very capable and some of the third-party inks are actually pretty good too but some you have to avoid like the plague.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.