Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Problems playing a SACD

montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2011 11:27AM
I have a brand new Deutsche Grammophon Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) which boldy states on the label and booklet inside that it is compatible with special SACD players and any conventional CD players.

I understand it is a Sony system for producing "breathtaking surround sound" on SACD systems or for playing on standard conventional compact disc players.

I don't have a SACD surround system but the disc will not play at all in my normal domestic CD hi fi system.

Anyone else had problems when trying to play SACD's on standard conventional compact disc players please?

The shop won't refund as the disc has obviously been opened and it will play on the shop's standard CD player.

They did suggest I bought a new CD player from them but that seems like overkill just to play this one problematic SACD.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Jan 2011 2:34PM

Quote:The shop won't refund as the disc has obviously been opened and it will play on the shop's standard CD player.

Irrelevant.

It is a well-know fact that different CD players read CD's differently - just because theirs will play doesn't mean yours will.

UK sales law says they have to refund you. Period.

If they won't comply - inform your local Trading Standards people and they will enforce it.
montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2011 3:44PM
Cheers Mike - much appreciated.

This is the only CD that my machine has ever been unable to read

I'll do what you suggest and thanks again
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Jan 2011 6:04PM
A pleasure. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.