Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

problems problems nothing but problems

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 8292 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2013 - 5:41 PM

I seem to attract problems by trying to save money and today received Adobe CS6 I ordered from a company called King of Software I did all my checks and asked if this was a genuine item (I read on the net - genuine means distribution from Germany or Ireland) the States is not genuine and not covered by the Adobe guarantee! does anybody know anything of this? I read inside the package this has been shipped from the States - I have written to King of Software and made it known my feelings, yes it was supposedly in a sale and with a saving of 149 I am about to put my head in the gas oven................

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 May 2013 - 5:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 81002 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2013 - 5:53 PM

When installing did it except the serial number and did it update ok?. If so then be happy and enjoy cs6.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41222 forum posts United Kingdom200 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2013 - 5:53 PM

....and all you will do is lose consciousness and maybe cause yourself brain damage. You would need to be there an awful long time to asphyxiate.

Better to wait a while and spark up a match.

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is." Sorry.

Nick

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315682 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2013 - 5:56 PM

You ordered from a US company in the USA, send it back and get a refund.

us.jpg

Stillbase
Stillbase  363 forum posts Wales
23 May 2013 - 5:58 PM

In spite of all the adverse publicity of a week or so back I still feel that renting Photoshop directly is the better option considering how high the price has gone for purchasing it, which leaves the door open for (allegedly) trustworthy companies to offer deals. I've been caught out once by a dodgy internet software deal - never again.

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 8292 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2013 - 6:29 PM

Thanks Paul I think I should but will await the reply to my mail before I jump as the post has gone today anyway - luckily I kept the outer packageWink

Quote: ....and all you will do is lose consciousness and maybe cause yourself brain damage. You would need to be there an awful long time to asphyxiate.

Better to wait a while and spark up a match.

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is." Sorry.

Nick

GrinGrinGrinGrin

Jestertheclown
23 May 2013 - 6:31 PM

Hi Ann,

It would appear that what you have is a genuine version and will, presumably function and update etc. in exactly the same way as a version supplied from a non-USA source. In fact, the only physical difference (as far as I can see) is some writing on the label and the lack of this 'guarantee.'
If I was in your position, I'd be wondering just what this guarantee erm, guarantees you against and whether any peace of mind that it generates is worth more than the hundred and fifty quid that I'd saved.
I'm not suggesting that the guarantee's worthless but I'd be inclined to take that chance.
I'd do as Gareth suggests above; instal it and forget about it.

Bren.

lawbert
lawbert  71721 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2013 - 6:43 PM

Ann...Take your head out of the oven and pop a chicken in instead, maybe a few roast spudsWink
If you have broken the seal on the box then Im guessing that they wont take it back anyway.
BUT I see no reason why it wont load and update correctly anyway and I have no idea what the warranty would be...possibly its a limited no use warranty if it inconceivably corrupted your hardware.
In all honesty I think you have saved yourself 150 quidWinkSmileSmile

pluckyfilly
23 May 2013 - 6:55 PM

Thanks Bren I think you could well be right and I am being over sensitive - I was just a bit surprised when I opened the package as I specifically asked and was told they don't deal in anything not genuine!

Paul I am getting over my initial shock of finding this product was shipped from the
States, I could have bought off EBay from the States this same product but declined for the reason as stated above.

The seal has not been broken so overnight I shall decide either to keep this item or return but if it doesn't open in camera raw and edit files from my new camera then I shall be jumping up and down - its the new camera that is the root of my problemBlush

lawbert
23 May 2013 - 7:01 PM

What camera is it Ann?

pluckyfilly
23 May 2013 - 7:20 PM

Nikon D5200 - CS6 should accept my raw files CS5 won't as the camera was released after CS5 I have checked it out!

Just had mail from King of Software saying cS6 IS genuine and 100% covered by Adobe so we shall see when I install itWink

lawbert
23 May 2013 - 7:56 PM

Great news Ann
Dont worry and the positives are you have saved money...imagine what you could have bought from ebay!!WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

Jestertheclown
23 May 2013 - 8:14 PM

Quote: Just had mail from King of Software saying cS6 IS genuine and 100% covered by Adobe

Save that email (in several places) as proof that they've told you the it's genuine and that the guarantee's valid. You could consider it to be a guarantee of the guarantee!
Instal your new software and enjoy learning it. It's not enormously different to CS5 but it does have a few new tricks.
And one or two have been removed.

pluckyfilly
23 May 2013 - 8:43 PM

Thanks Bren I shall keep the emails and do as suggested, most grateful for all comments - good to know we have friends on EPZ prepared to give of their time and experience
Thankyou all Cheers Ann

thewilliam
24 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Always pay by credit card if you can. You get a lot of protection and the card company is jointly liable for any problems that you might have.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.