Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

problems problems nothing but problems

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
24 Jul 2013 9:25AM
I think there was a problems with the sharpening tool in the latest version of LR and it not being able to import LR3 catalogues. What made me throw it out the window was it crashed every time I loaded a video preview and then wanted me to download Quicktime, which BTW has more backdoors and flaws in it that just about any other software I can think of including Java. I find it all bloody annoying though that these companies, Adobe, Microsoft and even Corel to an extent, although they have only patched PSP once since release as far as I know can't get their expensive software right before final release and then put the onus on the user to keep constantly updating it. Any other product you could demand your money back saying it's not fit for purpose, but the software companies have you over a bloody barrel....grrrrrr Tongue

Here's a list of just some of the issue found with LR so far and which Adobe know about, I don't think as yet they have resolved any of the problems, which is why I ditched the trial version, it just became unusable on my machine. Sad

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/lightroom-5-hot-issues.html

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2013 10:05AM

Quote: can't get their expensive software right before final release and then put the onus on the user to keep constantly updating it.

It would be a hell of a lot more expensive (and slowly released) if they did that. And even if you test stuff to within an inch of its life bugs have a habit of apearing as soon as you give software to users.

Quote:
Here's a list of just some of the issue found with LR so far and which Adobe know about..

Thanks for that - only the sharpening one looks serious to me.
Mind you I decided to wait till 5.1 came out before upgrading - been working in software too long to go for a .0 release Wink
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
24 Jul 2013 10:13AM
You're welcome Chris.....

You're a bit like me, I always give it 6 months before rushing out to buy the latest camera if I'm desiring it, just so any problems with the early release models have been ironed out and the firmware updated.
pluckyfilly e2
8 319 33 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2013 4:02PM

Quote:You're welcome Chris.....

You're a bit like me, I always give it 6 months before rushing out to buy the latest camera if I'm desiring it, just so any problems with the early release models have been ironed out and the firmware updated.

of course I didnt work it out that way and my new camera was not included in CS5 when taking raw files
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
25 Jul 2013 8:43PM
Adobe are currently planning releasing a fix for the Lightroom 5 issues next week.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.