Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

problems problems nothing but problems

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2013 - 9:25 AM

I think there was a problems with the sharpening tool in the latest version of LR and it not being able to import LR3 catalogues. What made me throw it out the window was it crashed every time I loaded a video preview and then wanted me to download Quicktime, which BTW has more backdoors and flaws in it that just about any other software I can think of including Java. I find it all bloody annoying though that these companies, Adobe, Microsoft and even Corel to an extent, although they have only patched PSP once since release as far as I know can't get their expensive software right before final release and then put the onus on the user to keep constantly updating it. Any other product you could demand your money back saying it's not fit for purpose, but the software companies have you over a bloody barrel....grrrrrr Tongue

Here's a list of just some of the issue found with LR so far and which Adobe know about, I don't think as yet they have resolved any of the problems, which is why I ditched the trial version, it just became unusable on my machine. Sad

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/lightroom-5-hot-issues.html

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 24 Jul 2013 - 9:32 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Jul 2013 - 9:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013940 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2013 - 10:05 AM

Quote: can't get their expensive software right before final release and then put the onus on the user to keep constantly updating it.

It would be a hell of a lot more expensive (and slowly released) if they did that. And even if you test stuff to within an inch of its life bugs have a habit of apearing as soon as you give software to users.

Quote:
Here's a list of just some of the issue found with LR so far and which Adobe know about..

Thanks for that - only the sharpening one looks serious to me.
Mind you I decided to wait till 5.1 came out before upgrading - been working in software too long to go for a .0 release Wink

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2013 - 10:13 AM

You're welcome Chris.....

You're a bit like me, I always give it 6 months before rushing out to buy the latest camera if I'm desiring it, just so any problems with the early release models have been ironed out and the firmware updated.

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 7282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2013 - 4:02 PM

Quote: You're welcome Chris.....

You're a bit like me, I always give it 6 months before rushing out to buy the latest camera if I'm desiring it, just so any problems with the early release models have been ironed out and the firmware updated.

of course I didnt work it out that way and my new camera was not included in CS5 when taking raw files

JJGEE
JJGEE  96109 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2013 - 8:43 PM

Adobe are currently planning releasing a fix for the Lightroom 5 issues next week.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.