Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Problems with importing from Canon EOS 50D

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jonathanbp
    jonathanbp e2 Member 699 forum postsjonathanbp vcard Indonesia
    17 Oct 2010 - 2:49 PM

Hi All,

Every time I import pictures from my Canon EOS 50D into my Windows 7 Toshiba laptop the system runs CHKDSK afterwards and sometimes my wireless connection is diabled. It seems that my laptop does not reconise my camera as an external device that can be 'disconnected' in the usual way, via software, so my only choice it to either remove the USB or trun off the camera afterwards.

When I was in asia earlier this year, I imported lots of photos just about 7 days a week, this I am sure was the cause of my hard disk crash.

Has anyone has this issue? I've sent emails to Microsoft, Toshiba and Canon, but none have replied after 2 weeks!

Help!! What am I doing wrong? Any advice gratefuly received,

Jonathan

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Oct 2010 - 2:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

frispy
    frispy  4
    18 Oct 2010 - 2:47 PM

Hello Jonathan

I had similar problems with my 5D when I upgraded to Windows 764bit. Canon were no longer issuing software support for the 5D and it was not compatible with Windows 7. To resolve the problem, I now use a card reader to import pictures.

CHKDSK will run when a problem is detected with the disk, however from what you describe is happening, there seems to be a driver conflict either camera or usb driver. Perhaps a clean uninstall of the software using something like Ccleaner, reboot and reinstall may resolve the issue. Ensure you have the most up to date drivers for the camera from the Canon website too.

Personally I find the card reader a much simpler and less headache inducing piece of hardware to work with.GrinGrin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.