Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Problems with Photoshop CS5

Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
11 Dec 2010 10:27AM
I'm having problems with Tiff files created in CS5.

When I navigate to the folder where the image is everything freezes. The only way round it is to open it via lightrooms interface - then the image opens fine from then on in CS5 its driving me crazy as the only way to get round it is to power down and open up lightroom.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

devlin 4 651 39 India
11 Dec 2010 11:03AM
has this happened off late ? What i mean is were you able to open em fine at some point earlier ? Also whats ur system config..
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
11 Dec 2010 11:18AM
Wonder if it could be a graphics card driver that has become corrupted, worth a look on the manufactures site for your graphics and install the latest drivers and or motherboard drivers.
EddieAC 10 695 2 United Kingdom
11 Dec 2010 12:13PM
Another possibility could also be symptoms of a file which has become corrupt. I once had windows explorer insist on crashing everytime I navigated to a certain folder and found the cause was the folder which had become corrupt.

Copying everything to a new folder and deleting the old one cured the problem.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
11 Dec 2010 2:30PM
Thanks everyone it's a new machine Windows 7 six core 4gb Ram with seperate graphics card. It did seem to be OK it looks like files created on one day ??? Just also noted it was tiff files created in photomatix then opened and saved in Photoshop CS5
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
19 Dec 2010 7:34PM
This is still causing problems both with TIFF & PSB files - as soon as I naviagate to a file containing an image saves in CS5 the PC freezes - I don't even have to have PS open - it happens also if I use save as function in Photoshop.

The only programme which can access the files is Lightroom.
20 Dec 2010 12:24PM
Can you tell us the file sizes of the images that are causing the crash and the the filenames correct?
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
21 Dec 2010 10:34PM
The files are standard tiff's created from the pull down menu File>Save As; I can't get to the files as the PC hangs when I get to the folder its stored in, but will be large (probably too large) maybe 1.5GB should really have used psd or psb. Just thought on the original file was from Photomatix 4.0 via Lightroom 3 (plugin option), could this be part of the problem? If I could get to it and save the file as PSB I would.

I can access it via Lightroom (thinking on could get file size from there) then send to photoshop - but if I go to Save as it freezes (CTRL+S works OK to re-save the TIFF).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.