Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Procamerashop UK

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    NeilS
    NeilS e2 Member 7882 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
    30 Aug 2013 - 12:53 PM

Is anyone else currently experiencing cancelled and refunded orders by them

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Aug 2013 - 12:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Terry L
    Terry L e2 Member 10577 forum postsTerry L vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2013 - 1:30 PM

Can't get onto their website either

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8992 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2013 - 1:35 PM

site is down check later

NeilS
    NeilS e2 Member 7882 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
    30 Aug 2013 - 2:13 PM

Site was operational on Wednesday night, the response email received from them yesterday confirmed a call earlier in the week which stated that they had issues out of their control with the warehouse, but wouldn't expand on that, with all orders being cancelled

I got my refund promptly, but would have preferred the goods

I may wait until the issue is resolved and try again

Andy_Cundell
    30 Aug 2013 - 2:53 PM

Dam!! Was looking at them for my new camera!!!

cuffit
    cuffit  7175 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2013 - 11:31 PM

I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago as I couldn't believe their prices but they answered all my questions, UK stock - all seemed well; prices lower as they have no shop-based overheads. Wish I had placed an order and stil might if only a temporary glitch.

Glener
    Glener  1
    5 Sep 2013 - 7:47 PM

there web site went down on Saturday 31st August 2013. I have used them about 6 times in the past with no problems, was about to order a 5d. had to use HDEW Cameras, very similar prices.

Jestertheclown

Quote: had to use HDEW Cameras,

Did it arrive . . . ?

Glener
    Glener  1
    5 Sep 2013 - 10:02 PM

Not yet... Due Monday, I'll keep you updated..

trashcan
    trashcan  1
    8 Sep 2013 - 11:56 AM

If Procamerashop told anyone that their goods are UK stock, they were telling porky pies. Procamerashop is a Hong Kong operation (but with a UK postal address) and their stock is from HK, just like Simplyelectronics and many others. (HDew's stock is also from HK and sometimes open-box. When I bought a 7D from them last year, the box was damaged / split and the contents very badly packed).

I had a bad experience previously with Simplyelectronics (took four weeks to get my money back on an unfulfilled order). Now it looks as if Procamerashop have done a disappearing act. The only HK seller I would trust now is DigitalRev.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    8 Sep 2013 - 3:30 PM

Quote: If Procamerashop told anyone that their goods are UK stock, they were telling porky pies. .

That's a bit of an odd statement.

How do you define "UK Stock"? The straightforward definition would be stock that is held in a UK distribution warehouse, prior to sale and despatch to the purchaser. By that definition, Procamerashop meets (met?) the qualification.

No consumer-level cameras originate in UK - they all originate in Japan, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, or somewhere similar. All that varies is the route by which they come to the UK consumer. Some manufacturers try to give "protection" to their UK or EC distributors by limiting their warranties to items distributed through them (often this applies to camera bodies but not lenses).

Sometimes there may be slight differences in the box contents destined for different countries but, in the case of two cameras (one Pentax, one Nikon) I bought from the above-mentioned supplier, they came with English-language printed manuals and UK plugs (not adapters) on the battery chargers. On the other hand, two cameras I bought from DigitalRev were delivered to me from Hong Kong and came with photocopied translations of the manuals and adapters for the chargers.

I must confess that I have been delighted by the service from both suppliers. I suspect that PCS being offline might indicate that some "negotiation" with HMRC is underway. (VAT registration??)

trashcan
    trashcan  1
    8 Sep 2013 - 4:15 PM

By UK stock, I mean stock that has been supplied through the manufacturer's official distribution channel, e.g. Canon UK, etc. Procamerashop's stock does not meet that definition. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with grey imports, provided the buyer is aware of what he's buying and does not value the manufacturer's warranty over a seller's warranty. The point is, it was misleading of Procamerashop to imply to the previous poster that their goods were the manufacturer's official UK stock.

Terry L
    Terry L e2 Member 10577 forum postsTerry L vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Sep 2013 - 8:54 PM

You could try these people eglobaldigitalstore Rather liked this statement in About Us
    Quote: Lowest Price
    As we handle customs processing for you, there are no further costs that you will incur when purchasing off our website. There are no VAT costs, no customs cost, and no shipping costs; what you see on the website is all you are required to pay. We ensure that our customers have the smoothest and most reliable shopping experience through these extra measures.

rhol2
    rhol2 e2 Member 3299 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Sep 2013 - 7:44 AM

Quote: If Procamerashop told anyone that their goods are UK stock, they were telling porky pies. Procamerashop is a Hong Kong operation (but with a UK postal address) and their stock is from HK, just like Simplyelectronics and many others. (HDew's stock is also from HK and sometimes open-box. When I bought a 7D from them last year, the box was damaged / split and the contents very badly packed).

I had a bad experience previously with Simplyelectronics (took four weeks to get my money back on an unfulfilled order). Now it looks as if Procamerashop have done a disappearing act. The only HK seller I would trust now is DigitalRev.

What annoys me about such suppliers is that they try to give the impression that they are UK based, which is misleading. If they are offering genuine bargains, why not be more open about who they are?

Ptr_A
    Ptr_A  554 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Sep 2013 - 11:41 PM

I have dealt with Procamerashop twice - one for my Canon 60d and for a Sigma 50-500 lens. My eldest son bought his Canon 5d mk111 from them. My camera developed a fault and was repaired under Canon UK warranty. Sigma accepted the lens for their three year warranty.
    As far as I am aware, 'grey' imports are when companies that are not based in the UK, supply to the UK, therefore, with Procamerashop having a base in Cumbria, their goods are legitimate , not 'grey' imports.
    If they have gone from the marketplace, I will be sad, as they are/were, the best.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.