Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Prog Rock

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
2 Mar 2005 - 12:39 PM

I'm a big fan of Yes, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Enigma, what other bands from this genre should I be listening to?
Jim

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Mar 2005 - 12:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2005 - 12:42 PM

Porcupine Tree...all that's good in prog rock with a bit of clever extra stuff thrown in...the best today in my opinion!

c_evans99
c_evans99  117013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2005 - 12:42 PM

It's a bit fey for me but what about Family, Gentle Giant, King Crimson?

Ceri

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2005 - 12:59 PM

Quick look through the first couple of shelves of my vinyl, see if you can hear some Camel, Carmen & Greenslade, worth checking!

Found a web site HERE

Joe B

ahollowa
ahollowa  101070 forum posts England
2 Mar 2005 - 1:04 PM

Traffic low spark of the high heeled boys!!!

or maybe surpeisingly the Ian Gillan Clear Air Turbalence

cheers

Al.

UserRemoved
2 Mar 2005 - 1:33 PM

Listening to Ian Anderson, so Jethro Tull. With Ceri on King Crimson, Gentle Giant. Then there's Kingdom Come, Hawkwind, BJH, Horslips or their more recent re-incarnation: Afro Celt Sound system, ELP, Curved Air - shall I stop now?

Snapper
Snapper  93750 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2005 - 1:48 PM

Ah, BJH! Or Barclay James Harvest to those of a younger age, I remember going to see them in Glasgow about 1973 I think it was. Memories, memories!

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
2 Mar 2005 - 1:50 PM

Thanks Guys. I missed it all the first time around so I'm trying to catch up!
Jim

Franticsmurf
2 Mar 2005 - 1:54 PM

Jim, some good suggestions here already.

You may want to consider Dream Theatre (a heavier cross between Yes and Floyd) and their off shoot, Transatlantic (nice cover of 'Shine On YCD'), the newer Marillion, earlier Genesis, Steve Hillage, Ozric Tentacles, 12th Night. All good stuff and many now available in the bargain bins or 2nd hand.

Dave

shed
shed  10586 forum posts England
2 Mar 2005 - 1:59 PM

Agree with DF, I like earlier Genesis, however times have changed and music evolves. Still i'm happy at the mid to late 80's/early nineties. Genesis of that era is IMHO some of the best music ever made!

LOL

Woody

UserRemoved
2 Mar 2005 - 2:04 PM

Ahh, early Genesis - saw them when they came to my school. And Peter Gabriel lives on!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2005 - 2:13 PM

And if you fancy some German stuff try Popol Vuh.

UserRemoved
2 Mar 2005 - 2:13 PM

I actually played drums in a Progressive Rock band 10 years ago. Split up now of course. We even recorded an album! Big fan of GENESIS, RUSH and CRIMSON. Check out Bruford's jazz group EARTHWORKS - he's now an excellent composer too!

Pete
2 Mar 2005 - 2:16 PM

What band was that?

UserRemoved
2 Mar 2005 - 2:19 PM

Glasgow band called ROACH. Album was never released, though I still have it on the PC.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.