Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Program Error in PSE9

Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
16 Jul 2012 5:07PM
I've just got back after a month away from home to find that when I try to print an image using PSE9 I get the message "Could not print 'file name' because of a program error".

This is strange because PSE9 was allowing me to print documents before I left and no-one else will have used it in my absence. I have 2 printers connected to my PC and the error occurs with both. I am able to print the same images on either printer using LR4 or FastStone.

Try as I might I cannot see what the problem is. I have reinstalled PSE9 and the problem remains.

Has anyone else ever encountered this and if so how did you resolve it? Thanks in advance.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2012 5:38PM
I wonder if there was a recent acrobat or windows update as you are the second person to notice something similar on site.

Anyway the following helped the other person so here goes.

From past experience, do the un-install, then re-boot system. (also remove any extra filter or plug-in programs you may have added).

Seek out any folders the elements may have put in your program files area and remove them. then to make certain install the SW into a slightly different folder. Adobe do not always use the registry correctly and it could be you have some files left on your computer that are not being overwritten and so corrupting the new install.

If you feel brave a registry cleaner may help if you use it once you have removed all the programs and performed the re-boot.
16 Jul 2012 5:48PM
Thanks for the advice - much appreciated. I didn't realise anyone else has made a similar post so apologies for the duplication.

I'll give your suggestion a go and see what happens.

Thanks

Ewan
16 Jul 2012 7:09PM
Strawman, I just thought I'd give you an update. I followed your instructions. I did an advanced uninstall using Revo Uninstaller and a registry clean using Advanced System Care Pro. I then reinstalled PSE9. The whole thing took about 40 minutes but it worked. Thanks a bunch. You got me out of a hole so I am very grateful for the time you took to provide such great advice.

Thanks again.

Ewan
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
16 Jul 2012 9:43PM
He's a bit useful, ain't he? Sorted me out. Smile
16 Jul 2012 10:28PM

Quote:He's a bit useful, ain't he? Sorted me out. Smile

Sure is. I'm glad he was around to help. Grin
strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2012 11:59PM
Hi glad you got it fixed

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.