Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Promising Cancer Cure research.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    7 Feb 2010 - 2:53 PM

Promising Research

This is very promising yet in the back of my mind I can't see this ever being widely available and or very expensive. There's just way too much money to be made in drugs and treatments of Cancers for there to be a simple cure.

Lets hope I'm wrong and pharmaceutical industry greed doesn't win.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2010 - 2:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fstopshere
    7 Feb 2010 - 5:31 PM

There is a very positive way to look at this-the fact that it APPEARS to work in, albeit, non human subjects and in terms of cost, being a natural substance and therefore non patentable, although the process of extraction might be, then no one should be able to make huge amounts of money. The downside as, often mentioned in American alternative cancer treatments, is the 'Big Pharma' conspiracy that will seek to stifle any such cure. The other 'economic' factor is that apart from the drugs companies there are a huge number of people employed in cancer treatment, mass redundancies world wide?
    Caution must also be given to the " yet another miracle cure found in deepest tropical forest" scenario. As someone who has lost both parents to, different, cancers and knowing its effects I really and truly hope this might be a possible relief to millions but caution must be deployed in raising hopes too much, similar, though lesser hopes seemed to be given to the American Paw Paw extract. Despite the big business element there are also hopes that 'high tech' systems such as nano particles either delivering chemo directly to tumours, without affecting any other cells or nano particles that atatch, only to tumours/cancer cells and absorb radio waves, harmless to normal tissue but the nano particles heat up and destroy the cancer.

dcash29
    dcash29  81908 forum posts England
    7 Feb 2010 - 5:42 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    If the substance does what they say, it will disappear like the substance that replaced and worked better than engine oil.

Last Modified By dcash29 at 7 Feb 2010 - 5:42 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.