Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ProShow Gold 'FILE NOT FOUND'

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Camairish
    Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
    27 Jan 2013 - 10:06 PM

I have some slideshows created on PSG a couple of years ago on my PC. They open and play no problems from Desktop with the soundtrack I added but when I try to open them in PSG the music plays but PSG cannot find any of the images. Can anyone answer why this would be? What I wanted to do was open them in the PSG software again in order to save in a form suitable for Facebook uploads.
    Cheers, Ian.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Jan 2013 - 10:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85748 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jan 2013 - 10:43 PM

May sound daft, but are the originals (images) still on your PC?

Placed on a different EHD??

Camairish
    27 Jan 2013 - 10:49 PM

They are not on the laptop's drive now but on an external hard drive which is linked to the laptop. Should I transfer them all again back to the laptop?

User_Removed
    27 Jan 2013 - 10:49 PM

Sounds to me that the show that plays from your desktop is a stand-alone executable file with the images embedded inside. Your project file for the same slideshow relies on the original images being where they were last time you saved that script.

If you know the name of one of the files use the search (from start menu) to locate it, if the others are in the same place it's easy to point PSG to that place.

User_Removed
    27 Jan 2013 - 10:51 PM

I see we crossposted. That solves it. They aren't where ProShow "last saw them" and that's why no show.

Camairish
    27 Jan 2013 - 10:53 PM

Brilliant guys - thanks for the help. I'll get onto it this week to see if I can save my pre-existing shows in different output formats.

Cheers, Ian.

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63201 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Jan 2013 - 9:27 AM

when you open up the working file in PSG it tells you that the images are not in the working folder & gives you the option of "finding them". It's like a quick search facility. Once they're located remake the link to them.
    To prevent this happening again in the future it's best to set up a file structure with sound files, images & the final PSG file all in the same "filing drawer". I always also put the final .exe file in the same place. Then if the folder gets moved all the elements are still together & all I have to do is point PSG to that folder.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.