Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Protecting images from breach of copyright

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    maroondah
    maroondah  11239 forum posts Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jun 2006 - 7:25 AM

From time to time I supply images to a number of outlets local to where I live. I want to try and protect my images from being reproduced. All images are supplied on disc.
    Is there a way to ensure the images are not copied from the original CD. The copyright symbol already appears on each image but it is fairly easy to remove it. Any help with this topic would be most welcome.
    Regards
    Gerry

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Jun 2006 - 7:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Mixpix
    Mixpix  101058 forum posts England
    8 Jun 2006 - 7:43 AM

Started to read This and started to get a headache from all the gobbledegoop. Probably wont be cheap but google through that up in a quick search.

Mick

webby962
    webby962  8128 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jun 2006 - 7:52 AM

All cds can be breached. So don't waste the money. I would recommend that you only put the files on the CD at a lower quality resolution (say 72ppi) so they can't print em off, but can still view them ok. If someone really, really want's your pic, they will find away.

imagegrill
    8 Jun 2006 - 9:36 AM

As webby says, there is always a way around everything. The thing you have to do is to make it not worth their while, so makeing the quality poor for printing (but fine for th emonitor) is probably the best bet.

If you really want to ruin any change of a sale you could always paste you name across the face of every image Wink

ru_ready
    ru_ready  8
    8 Jun 2006 - 2:12 PM

hi

Here's one for ya. Friend went to a site and loved a pic, she tried to save the image and it wouldn't let her copy it... so i easily said just make a screen shot and crop it out... so in reality any thing can be done when thought about the easiest way to do it.

cheers

macroman
    macroman  1115312 forum posts England
    10 Jun 2006 - 1:31 AM

Ooops!

Aiding and abetting Copyright theft Eh!

10 years for you my lad ;o[

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.