Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

PS CS3

angusforbes 10 140
3 Aug 2007 8:00AM
I've decided to upgrade my ancient version of PS and buy CS3. The free trial shows just how brilliant this programmeis. However, buying from Adobe (ie registering my trial version) will cost 575 yet buying a CD from Amazon is 100 cheaper - WHY?

Also, if I register with Adobe in the US and get a serial number pretending that I am a US resident it is much cheaper still. Has anybody tried this appproach and if so are there any pitfalls.

Thanks guys (and gals)

Angus

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
3 Aug 2007 8:04AM
Simple Answer, Here in the UK, We Are Being Ripped off.

And it's not just Adobe, It's everything, Oh! and don't forget the government want thier cut as well.......Sad
Henchard 9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2007 8:41AM

Quote:Also, if I register with Adobe in the US and get a serial number pretending that I am a US resident it is much cheaper still. Has anybody tried this appproach and if so are there any pitfalls

I believe some have but it isn't straight forward. American credit card/address problems I think.

More general info here

Some info on trying to buy from the US here
Take-a-View 10 293 5 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2007 10:50AM
Angus, as you already have PS why aren't you purchasing as an upgrade, which is a lot cheaper? If upgrading from version 7 it's circa 175.
redsnappa 12 2.0k United Kingdom
3 Aug 2007 10:59AM
join a cheap Photography evening class and get full version of PSCS3 for approx 140 and its legal.
stevekhart 8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2007 11:11AM
I'm wondering how long before my 5 year old daughter needs to make use of her full-time student status and start purchasing her own copies of PS and the like... Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.