Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Punch up at a wedding

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jan 2013 - 7:06 PM

As a publican holding receptions Fights were quite common between familys and Occasionally funerals, but not seen one at the wedding itself

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Jan 2013 - 7:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bigalguitarpicker

The right course of action is the same as for musicians - work away as best you can. If it looks like they're going to fall over your gear, move the most expensive stuff first! Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jan 2013 - 10:04 PM

our singer gets proper upset if people come and nick his mic.... or just sing into it at the same time

very funny

keys.... well I'm tucked away in my corner, never get as far as me Wink

Paul_Anthony
14 Jan 2013 - 11:19 PM

This is an interesting watch..

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73347 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jan 2013 - 11:48 PM

even better Smile

HarrietH
HarrietH e2 Member 4265 forum postsHarrietH vcard Portugal
15 Jan 2013 - 11:45 AM

I was a child at a Sicilian wedding (could be any nationality but this was Sicilian) when a brawl between the happy couple's respective families broke out, all I can remember, being very small at the time, was being pushed under a table out of the way. By the way most of the guests, and for sure the photographer - scarpered.

thewilliam
15 Jan 2013 - 12:49 PM

Quote: I was a child at a Sicilian wedding (could be any nationality but this was Sicilian) when a brawl between the happy couple's respective families broke out, all I can remember, being very small at the time, was being pushed under a table out of the way. By the way most of the guests, and for sure the photographer - scarpered.

There's a good reason why the two families traditionally sit on opposite sides in the Church.

kodachrome
15 Jan 2013 - 6:31 PM

I was at a wedding years ago although not to take pictures officially, I just took a few 'snaps' for keeps sake. during the pro photo session after coming out of the church it all kicked off between the fathers of the bride and groom. I kept well clear but I could not help laughing. In the end the Vicar had to separate them and he got blood all down his white gown from a bleeding nose.
You wouldn't have seen better in a 'Carry on film'.
Why do these occasions start a ruchus between families.

kaybee
kaybee  103823 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 6:42 PM

The biggest fight I have ever seen was at a wedding - just because the bride was caught out the back getting a bunk up from the best man.
I never did find out if they were upset at the grass stains on the dress or him proving he was the best man

66tricky
66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
15 Feb 2013 - 8:16 AM

There was a news story a couple of years back in Greenock where the BnG decided it would be a hoot if the groom sat on the bride's knee for a photo. Unfortunately his kilt rode up at the back and he deposited a skidmark on her big fat gypsy wedding dress. She decked him, his mum decked her and it all kicked off until the police huckled a few to the chokey...

Evertonian
15 Feb 2013 - 8:36 AM

Take your pics then sell the results to the Nationals.

Last Modified By Evertonian at 15 Feb 2013 - 8:36 AM
thewilliam
15 Feb 2013 - 10:40 AM

Quote: There was a news story a couple of years back in Greenock where the BnG decided it would be a hoot if the groom sat on the bride's knee for a photo. Unfortunately his kilt rode up at the back and he deposited a skidmark on her big fat gypsy wedding dress. She decked him, his mum decked her and it all kicked off until the police huckled a few to the chokey...

A similar story was well reported in the press under the wonderful headline "ochaye the poo". I noticed that the reception was in a Temperance Hall: not a venue where we'd expect folk tend to get drunk.

66tricky
66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
15 Feb 2013 - 10:31 PM

Quote: There was a news story a couple of years back in Greenock where the BnG decided it would be a hoot if the groom sat on the bride's knee for a photo. Unfortunately his kilt rode up at the back and he deposited a skidmark on her big fat gypsy wedding dress. She decked him, his mum decked her and it all kicked off until the police huckled a few to the chokey...

A similar story was well reported in the press under the wonderful headline "ochaye the poo". I noticed that the reception was in a Temperance Hall: not a venue where we'd expect folk tend to get drunk.

that was the same story.

scottishphototours

I'm well connected with local Greenock police and I can assure you this never happened. They have no record of it and the local newspaper even asked them for details of the incident and they were given the same reply.

I was punched in the mouth by MOB after I referred to Dad's partner as "Mum". She did it in front of 100+ guests and gave me a grovelling apology at the start of the speeches after I threatened to get her arrested. We now have a specific reference to this in our terms and conditions!

She also paid the dental bill...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.