Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

PurelyGadgets.co.uk

Doglet 8 58 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2009 6:02PM
Sorry another does any know question.
I am about to purchase a Sigma 150-500 lens and have been looking around the web.
I have come across a lens at link and they are currently the cheapest I can find with a UK address.

I have actually rang them and asked if their lenses are grey imports or sourced from a UK supplier.i.e Sigma.

The lady on the other end said they only source their products from UK suppliers.

Just thought I would ask on here if anyone has had any experience of this company. And if they are worth a risk.

P>S>
They are also offering a FREE 5 year warranty on all lenses.

Ray

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior 7 4.4k 9 Scotland
22 Oct 2009 6:49PM
There's a review of them here seems like a bit of a marmite experience - people have either loved them or hated them!
22 Oct 2009 7:04PM
HHMMM. There seems to be a love hate theme although the loves seem to be slightly winning.
Still unsure at this point.
I used them when buying a lens a few years ago via Amazon. No problem at all. JNC
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
22 Oct 2009 7:25PM
Its probably a lottery experience, But if thier price is saving you a lot of money, You might consider it a worthwhile risk.

Are you a gambler, Do you feel lucky...?

Or would you prefer the comfort of buying from a reputable dealer, Who has a good record for customer after sales service.

Just in case you have to send the lens back for some reason...Sad

Here is a good company to deal with....Wink

Not always the cheapest, But after sales are second to none...!
Coleslaw 9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Oct 2009 7:29PM
Just buy it from amazon, you know you will get it.
22 Oct 2009 7:54PM

Quote:Just buy it from amazon, you know you will get it.

Problem with that is, on Amazon the cheapest price is purely gadgets BUT that is 30+ the price quoted on purely gadget web site.
So is you saying that PG is OK?
Coleslaw 9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Oct 2009 7:57PM
No, I mean from Amazon itself, it is 669.97
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
22 Oct 2009 8:10PM
CameraPriceBuster used to have Purley Gadgets highlighted as a grey import dealer. What items or proportion of their stock were grey imports I don't know.
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
22 Oct 2009 8:10PM
22 Oct 2009 8:40PM

Quote:No, I mean from Amazon itself, it is 669.97

Ahh got it now ( Senior moment)
toneb75 5 187 England
22 Oct 2009 9:04PM
I bought a Panasonic camcorder from Purely Gadgets a few years ago and could not fault their service - fast delivey and good price. But as others have said, I have since seen mixed reviews about them.

Tony
23 Oct 2009 8:19AM
Doglet: I always check MPB first, very fair, very good, if they don't have it then look somewhere like here age2" rel="nofollow" target="blank">RGBPhoto
Same price as Amazon.

Or Here Surrey Photography

jk
coliwolii 5 69 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2009 3:50PM
Used Purley Gadgets a few years ago I think it was my Sigma 10-20 ?
They were by far the cheapest and I could not complain, it was a very good service.
I intended to keep them in mind and use them again, but just sort of forgot about them untill now (the little grey cells are not what they were)!!
27 Oct 2009 4:12PM
Thanks for your replies.
I have now in my possession a Sigma 150/500 looks a nice bit of kit. Only criticism at the moment is the OS is a little bit noisy. But for the money should not complain really.

Oh I got it from Amazon, thought I would play a little safe.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.