Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Q-Link Pendants and USB plug -ins, Thumbs up or down?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Kako
    Kako  7135 forum posts
    15 Jun 2010 - 6:09 PM

Have just seen an advert for the Q-Link range of 'EMF busting' products that are said to boost body's own bio energy levels , providing some protection from electro-smog said to be all around us. Claims seem quite remarkable, products look attractive but seem very expensive for what they are. Some people seem to swear by theirs, others gained no benefit. Anyone out there got one, tried one or bought one as a gift for someone else, and what was your experience?

thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jun 2010 - 6:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122056 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jun 2010 - 6:25 PM

I concur Tongue

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122056 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jun 2010 - 6:28 PM

I wish I hadn't started looking into this! It's madness!

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jun 2010 - 6:30 PM

Quote: Complete load of bullocks

Smile Don't hold back Chris......Just tell it like it is.....Smile

Quote: Some people seem to swear by theirs

That would be the Placebo effect.....Smile

Quote: others gained no benefit

These would be the smarter of the species......Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 15 Jun 2010 - 6:31 PM
    joolsb
    joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jun 2010 - 6:36 PM

For the first, and quite probably last, time I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with Chris.

davereet
    davereet e2 Member 9185 forum postsdavereet vcard United Kingdom
    15 Jun 2010 - 7:52 PM

Not too smart if they spent money on these!

Dave

Britman
    Britman  71669 forum posts England
    15 Jun 2010 - 11:00 PM

Come on guys where's your research to proves the makers of the q-link are talking bullocks?

I'm not defending q-link I'm just looking for your reasons why you think it's bunk (backed up by scientific research and papers)

User_Removed
    16 Jun 2010 - 1:54 AM

Quote: Come on guys where's your research to proves the makers of the q-link are talking bullocks?

I'm not defending q-link I'm just looking for your reasons why you think it's bunk (backed up by scientific research and papers)

Bio energy levels

EMF busting

case closed.

Upon closer inspection they claim that it works through electro-resonance from your heart.
    Pitty that copper has a very low resonance level.

You know those copper bracelets for arthritis? Those were "proven to work" then heavily debunked right after.

But you know, if a rock de-stresses you then yeah its worked great.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 16 Jun 2010 - 2:01 AM
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2010 - 7:04 AM

Quote: Come on guys where's your research to proves the makers of the q-link are talking bullocks?

After much research I have found that you can achieve exactly the same levels of protection by hanging a tin of sardines round your neck on a chain.
    If you don't believe me please come up with some scientific papers that show I am wrong..if you dont't believe me...how many tosh phrases like "Bio Energy Levels" would O have to put in my advertising before you did?

Quote: EMF busting

Unbelievable wasn't a great song but it can't be that much of an annoyance, can it?

Kako
    Kako  7135 forum posts
    16 Jun 2010 - 11:27 AM

Comments have come out pretty much as i predicted although it would be nice to hear from someone who has first hand experience of them; don't be shy! According to the manufacturers over 1 million have been sold and for some reason golfers have gone for them in a big way.

I don't need any persuading that the human body is basically a bio-electrical entity rather than just flesh and bones and there is plenty of research available indicating that EM radiation does cause changes in the body - mainly undesirable, so I can see why people might want something that promised to mitigate these effects. All then comes down to this technology which is further complicated by coming in two basic varieties - active or passive. Could see this product being a suitable subject for scrutiny on a 'Watchdog' or Esther Rantzen type programme if there are any Broadcasting/Production types reading! It seems to be big business and there are several 'me too' type competitors appearing.

User_Removed
    16 Jun 2010 - 1:44 PM

I bought my mum one of these things and it did nothing. In fact the very same day she got it she burnt my toast, and was late to come pick me up... Proving that in actuality it inhibits normal function and because of the powerful bionic resonance from it; causes stress to others around it - as you all know, the very specific body frequency will suffer from falloff... And its designed to be worn on the body... So anyone more than 2m away from it gets a "bad" frequency and suffers greatly!

- I don't think watchdog would stoop so low as to debunk a product like this, its not even worthy of the time.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.