Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Question?

HarrietH e2
4 269 Portugal
29 Jan 2013 9:40AM
I recently bought a second hand Manfrotto 620B monopod. It had a ballhead attached. My question is this, included in the parcel (no original box or instructions or anything like that just a very good monopod). It had this strange object inside. Just out of curiosity can anyone tell me what it is? Perhaps the seller included it by mistake.
dsc-0010.jpg

Thanks, I really don't like puzzles until they are solved.

Harriet

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 9:46AM
It is a spanner for tightening the nuts on the levers you use to lock the extending leg in position. The spanner itself normally clips to the leg so that it is always available (hence the circular cross-section)

Edited to add: the nuts them selves are proteted by hexagonal plastic covers that you need to take off first (this may need to be levered off with a knife or somthing similar).
HarrietH e2
4 269 Portugal
29 Jan 2013 10:06AM
Thank you so much. A very helpful and quick answer.

Harriet
sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 1:49PM
yes that is what it is i have one on my momopod myself
HarrietH e2
4 269 Portugal
29 Jan 2013 1:56PM
This forum is a mine of information. When I showed my husband the answer we both realised that by ourselves we would never have reached the right answer, mainly because as Mike said, the nuts are protected by plastic covers that need to be removed. Grin
29 Jan 2013 10:07PM
I've had a Manfrotto tripod for a few years now. When I read this post I thought "Ah! Now I know what the clip on the leg is for!" So I pulled the tripod out of its carry bag to check, and guess what? It's gone! Must have got snagged in undergrowth somewhere. Sad
HarrietH e2
4 269 Portugal
30 Jan 2013 6:21AM
Sorry, I shouldn't Smile but really it is such a funny looking gadget and very difficult to know what it is if you don't read the instructions( which, of course, everybody does immediately Tongue)
Harriet

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.