Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Question about a web site

15 Jul 2008 6:21PM
http://cheapoemsoft.net/
has anyone ever used this site... and if so was it like it sounds to good to be true? I just ran across it.. and don't know much about the site other than what it says..

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad 10 10.9k 116
15 Jul 2008 6:50PM
The site only has one method of contacting them - they hide behind an e-mail form. With no address, no phone number or anything like that, they're certainly not getting any business from me! I also find it quite strange that when I google their name, hardly anything turns up. Very suspicious.
Henchard 9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2008 6:56PM
dwilkin 8 24.2k United Kingdom
15 Jul 2008 7:41PM
Just had a quick look at the site - the phrase '30 foot greasy bargepole' is swimming to the forefront of my mind! The poor use of English rings alarm bells, as does the lack of any kind of contact address, and the prices are FAR too low to be genuine!

(A quick whois on the domain name reveals it to be registered to a private individual in the Czech republic, using a gmail e-mail address - I'd steer well clear!)

EDIT - Although if he does steal your details, I've got his street address... Wink
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
15 Jul 2008 8:06PM

Quote:it sounds to good to be true?

...and therein lies your answer.
15 Jul 2008 9:56PM
loll it is amazing what you can find on the internet..... soon as you see the cost to me a flag went up... like the saying goes if it sounds to good to be true..it is and it will bite you in the end loll
Hope to that they aren't stealing credit card numbers and so on..

Thanks for all the feed back.... I checked the links out too and OMG they need deleted so bad from the net...

I didn't use them but its good know that you got the address...may need to be given to the attorney general or someone like that..loll

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.