Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

question about what camera to buy for this

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    andreii
    andreii  1
    3 Oct 2012 - 1:54 PM

Hi,
    i want to appeal to those, who have knowledge on digital camera technology. i am a printmaker artist; in my field there is a medium in which you draw on a paper, then photograph it from a stand, print it on a special printer, transfer the image to a plate and print it manually from the plate to paper. for this i need a good digital camera, so pictures to be very detailed and to contain no "noise". i have been told that for this i should not look in megapixels - it does not matter how much they are; but in something else - the man was not knowlidgable enough to say what exactly. so any ideas what should i look in when i am choosing a camera? thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Oct 2012 - 1:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 7954 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2012 - 2:14 PM

any slr and put a 50mm macro lens on it, also 2 continuous lights in softboxes either side to get even lighting. Shoot from tripod level and parallel. Thats how I done it when the material needing reproduced was not suitable for scanning.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 3 Oct 2012 - 2:22 PM
    Paul_Anthony
    3 Oct 2012 - 2:18 PM

Depending on the size of the output (in this case a plate) an entry level DSLR will be OK. Get a good quality prime lens though, it'll be sharp and make the most out any number of pixels the sensor has. An entry level DSLR will give you enough user control to alter White Balance and Aperture to give you the best results. Most lenses sweet spot is at around f8.

I'm sure you know this bit but use a bright evenly lit space with enough room to lay the work completely flat and to get the camera square on to the work.

Paul_Anthony
    3 Oct 2012 - 2:18 PM

I type to slow Tongue

andreii
    andreii  1
    3 Oct 2012 - 7:20 PM

thank you for comments, but i am not sure that you understood that i am talking about compact digital camera, not something professional - i dont know what DSLR or SLR means. also how can i recognize that certain camera has this prime quality lens - how is it usually described in the product's features? thank you again.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.