Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Question re. Windows 8 . . .

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
26 Dec 2012 6:03PM
I've been using 8 for a couple of days now and I'm pretty impressed.
Something that's bothering me slightly though is that when I close a window; this one for example, my machine defaults to the old style desktop as opposed the the 'tiles' interface.
I can easily change it by placing the cursor in the bottom left and clicking on the resultant icon but I was under the impression that it worked the other way around.
In other words, it would default to the tiles with the desktop in the background, which is what I want it to do.
Is it possible to change this or am I mistaken in my thinking that it's wrong?

Any ideas anyone?

Bren.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

26 Dec 2012 6:51PM
As far as i'm aware, if you have the desktop 'app' open, it will always default to that
tanyard 8 105 United Kingdom
27 Dec 2012 7:09PM
Pressing the Windows key allows you to switch between the 'tiles' screen and the old style desktop. My system defaults to the tiles whenever I boot up. Geeksquad said you can't make it default to the old style screen
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
27 Dec 2012 8:10PM

Quote:Geeksquad said you can't make it default to the old style screen

When you say 'default,' are you referring to the default screen from booting at start up or defaulting when you close a window?
Mine defaults to the tiles when I switch the machine on, as your's obviously does.
What I'm after is for it to defuilt to the tiles (as opposed to the desktop) in between applications or websites etc.
tanyard 8 105 United Kingdom
27 Dec 2012 8:57PM
Aha, Sorry Jester, n that case I can't help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.