Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Questions children ask.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davey
    davey  10246 forum posts England
    1 Feb 2010 - 12:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone`s children have asked any usual or funny questions.
    Yesterday my 4 year old asked, totally out of the blue,"Why do some people only have one eye?"and"If you eat your own bogies do you get fat?"

Any more?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Feb 2010 - 12:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AshTree
    AshTree  51702 forum posts England6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2010 - 12:33 PM

When I was about 3 I asked my mum would I die if I ate bogies. She said "I expect so dear" and I remember spending the rest of the day and night in abject terror. As I grew older I came to realise that this was her stock answer to any question when her mind was on something else.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2010 - 12:46 PM

I remember when I was about 12 being asked by a 5 year old what a "wa*ker" was

I said it was a "person who drives a landrover"

His dad is a farmer and drove one every day... so obvioulsy he said...

"so my daddy is a wa*ker?"

after a few minutes pi$$ing ourselves laughing, we confimed that he was indeed a wa*ker Smile

strawman
    strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2010 - 12:54 PM

OK my favourites

1 Did you know star fish have thousands of testicles?

and the second that required more thought whist at a museum

"are fish stupid?"
    No more so than many other animals why?
    "well all the other animals came out of the sea but fish stayed in it"

A few moments passed before

"does god hate fish?"

You get the drift of the rest of the evenings conversation. It turned out I had the only child to be deeply disturbed about why fish did not leave the sea and evolve into land based animals.

john64
    john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    1 Feb 2010 - 12:57 PM

At Christmas, my niece was wondering why their house wasn't completely covered with illuminated cr*p like some of the other houses in the street.
    She asked her dad "Is it because we don't have a ladder?"

DonnaN
    DonnaN  5129 forum posts United Kingdom
    1 Feb 2010 - 4:08 PM

My two and a half year old exclaimed with some distain yesterday morning that 'this nose isn't working!' As I looked at her she was pointing to her right nostril and desperately trying to sniff. I'm guessing from the cold I have today that she was feeling as bunged up as I am!

collywobles
    1 Feb 2010 - 4:29 PM

My wifes family had come over from Australia this Xmas to visit. My wifes sister, her children and her grandchildren about. Ten visitors in all. I was driving along the A127 in Essex and the youngest girl who was nearly four asked her Mum why all the trees had plastic bags hanging in them? She had no comprehension that it was litter thrown away by litter louts.

They had never seen this in Australia and when I visited Australia last year I found the place spotless with no litter and no dog crap. The Oz's sure take a pride in their country.

jakabout
    jakabout  101741 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2010 - 8:37 PM

My daughter asked me if I believed in God... so I replied, somewhat delicately, "well... I believe more in the theory of evolution". What's that? So I explained as best I could about the Big Bang theory / evolution et al vs Creation and she says "so how do you know God didn't create the big bang?"

I left it at that Grin

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014920 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2010 - 9:04 PM

We were at the table eating dinner one day, and our son and his wife and 3 year old daughter were there. Everybody was talking at the same time, and nobody was listening, as usual, when suddenly there was a short break in the chatter; Lauren, very matter-of-factish said; "Who's God?" Someone must have said it. Anyway, it was very quiet for awhile.

collywobles
    2 Feb 2010 - 9:59 AM

My Irish Grandaughter came over with all the family to celebrate my wifes (significant) birthday. We all met in a very nice pub which the family had decorated with balloons before going for lunch. I have four sons who had collectively got together to buy my wife a special present.

When we arrived there was all the usual birthday wishes and kisses and the boys then gave my wife a beautifully wrapped box. Oooooooooooh said my wife I wonder what this is -- and before she could do anymore my grandaughter pipes up [i] "ITS A WATCH" - it was still a nice surprise though. I tease her about it to this day - my grandaughter not my wife.

Last Modified By collywobles at 2 Feb 2010 - 10:03 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.