Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more
Can't Access your Account?
New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously. - Noam Chomsky, Linguist
Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.
There are many things that we would throw away if we were not afraid that others might pick them up.
"There are four sorts of men:
He who knows not, and knows not he knows not; he is a fool - shun him;
He who knows not, and knows he knows not; he is simple - teach him;
He who knows, and knows not he knows; he is asleep - wake him;
He who knows, and knows he knows; he is wise - follow him...."
Now we know!
"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there." - L. P. Hartley
"The race is not given to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but to those that endure until the end." (Biblical, I think)
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." - Juan Ramon Jimenez
Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Quote: Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
.... Hermann Goering
Steve Wright Quotes
- A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."
- I'm moving to Mars next week, so if you have any boxes...
- It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
- Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
- I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?" I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar."
- I saw a bank that said "24 Hour Banking", but I don't have that much time.
Each day comes bearing its gifts. Untie the ribbons.
-Ann Ruth Schabader
Churchill is the master of quotes - so many pearls. My favorite of the moment:
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life"
Steve Wright Quotes
- I was going 70 miles an hour and got stopped by a cop who said, "Do you know the speed limit is 55 miles per hour?" "Yes, officer, but I wasn't going to be out that long..."
- One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read."
- I got my driver's license photo taken out of focus on purpose. Now when I get pulled over the cop looks at it (moving it nearer and farther, trying to see it clearly)... and says, "Here, you can go."
- The judge asked, "What do you plead?" I said, "Insanity, your honour, who in their right mind would park in the passing lane?"
- When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving.
- Yesterday I parked my car in a tow-away zone... when I came back the entire area was missing.
- I can remember the first time I had to go to sleep. Mom said, "Steven, time to go to sleep." I said, "But I don't know how." She said, "It's real easy. Just go down to the end of tired and hang a left." So I went down to the end of tired, and just out of curiosity I hung a right. My mother was there, and she said "I thought I told you to go to sleep."
- I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day because that means it's going to be up all night.
- When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep good?" I said, "No, I made a few mistakes."
- I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
More quotes from the brilliant Steven Wright :
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it? "
"I saw a subliminal advertising executive, but only for a second."
"If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know? "
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature.”
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.”
"Sponges grow in the ocean. This bothers me. How deep would it be if they didn't?”
"I saw a bank that said "24 Hour Banking," but I don't have that much time.”
"I intend to live forever. So far, so good."
"I was at this restaurant. The sign said "Breakfast Anytime." So I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance. "
"Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff."
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated .
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away"
I put that quote at the back of my photobook of shots from my time travelling in Europe. I love it - it instantly brings back memories of travelling!
Quote: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away
"Sezzy" has that quote as her Portfolio "Welcome Message"
Did it originate from a famous photographer or is it Wordsworth / Dickens / ..... ?
ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.
You must be a member to leave a comment
Get the latest photography news straight from ePHOTOzine in your email every month and win prizes!
1st July 2014 - 31st July 2014
Check out ePHOTOzine's inspirational photo month calendar! Each day click on a window to unveil new photography tips, treats and techniques.
View July's Photo Month Calendar