Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Quotations

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
29 Feb 2008 3:20PM
"The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes."

(Benjamin Disraeli, 1844)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

smileylaura 9 640 United Kingdom
29 Feb 2008 3:26PM

Quote:Did it originate from a famous photographer or is it Wordsworth / Dickens / ..... ?

I'm not sure...I tried searching the internet but there are numerous stories about where it came from so I don't know which story is true.
clevercloggs e2
10 237 2 United Arab Emirates
1 Mar 2008 1:52AM
"come now", I said to him, "and let us risk our lives innecessarily for if they have got any value at all, it is that they have got none at all".

"Frei lebt wer sterben kann".
By Karen Blixen.

Especially the last line impressed me.
Sus e2
10 3.2k 9 England
1 Mar 2008 2:03AM
Another Churchill

When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home.
ericfaragh e2
11 121 1 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2008 9:00AM
During Churchills last term, he would often doze on the benches in the houses of parlement. Two young MP's saw this one day and one whispered to the other: "I hear he's half-blind". The other replied: " I hear he's half senile". Churchill then said, "I hear he's half deaf".
MrsS e2
8 4.5k 18 England
1 Mar 2008 12:31PM
"A man who never made a mistake never made anything."
-- David Gemmell
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2008 12:40PM
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away"
sems to have been
Bob Morehead in "The paradox of our time"

"Dr. Bob Moorehead is former pastor of Seattle's Overlake Christian Church. He retired in 1998 after 29 years in that post. The essay appeared in 'Words Aptly Spoken,' Dr. Moorehead's 1995 collection of prayers, homilies, and monologues used in his sermons and radio broadcasts."

Source
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
1 Mar 2008 10:11PM
I intend to live forever, or die trying.

I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book.

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

All by Groucho Marx.
culturedcanvas e2
9 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2008 9:08AM
"Oh and another thing, what you choose to call hell, he calls home"

Colonel Trautman, Rambo First Blood Part II
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
2 Mar 2008 9:17AM
"They were sent in to rescue the men who were sent in to rescue the men"

"War: I love it!"

"They've...tied.... my shoelaces together
-- the b*st*rds"

Hot Shots Part Deux
(Rambo p!sstake)
culturedcanvas e2
9 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2008 9:22AM
"Now, d***s have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell p***y and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old p***y, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you’ve got your parties mangled up. There’s no p***y here, just a dose that’ll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a p***k, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you’ve got “Replica” written down the side of your gun and the fact that I’ve got “Desert Eagle point five O”
written down the side of mine should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now… F**k off!"

Bullet Tooth Tony, Snatch
MeanGreeny e2
9 3.7k England
2 Mar 2008 11:42AM

Quote:"Now, d***s have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell p***y and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old p***y, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you’ve got your parties mangled up. There’s no p***y here, just a dose that’ll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a p***k, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you’ve got “Replica” written down the side of your gun and the fact that I’ve got “Desert Eagle point five O”
written down the side of mine should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now… F**k off!"

Bullet Tooth Tony, Snatch

I don't think scripted macho drivel counts as a pukka quotation. Real men don't need scriptwriters Wink
mad-dogs e2
12 2.2k England
2 Mar 2008 1:29PM
"You only have so many breaths in this life! Why waste them all at once jogging?"

Ronnie Barker
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
2 Mar 2008 10:56PM
A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
Ansel Adams

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.
Ansel Adams

A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into.
Ansel Adams
ronss e2
8 1.2k Canada
3 Mar 2008 2:49AM
"Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable it may be."

Edward Weston

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.