Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Race for life 2008!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Michelle_S
    16 May 2008 - 9:49 AM

ive just signed up for it ohhh err!
    My friends and family are gobsmacked! im a biggish lass but have decided to get fit and what better motivation than getting fit for a charity event for cancer.So this afternoon im off for a looooong walk in my effort to get fit and healthy lol
    As you probably know you get a pink thingy(technical term honest Tongue ) , myself and my daughter are taking part though we havent lost anyone to cancer or know anyone who beat it.So we have 2 dedications free, anyone here want me to walk in anyones honour?(yeah i said walk not run!) i would love to carry their name for you.This year my aim is to walk it, next year jog and if i make that then the year after run!
    I have an online sponsership form also, would i be allowed to link it here?
    Anyway wish me luck! i will post up photos when im recovered hehe

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 May 2008 - 9:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Geoffphoto
    16 May 2008 - 9:55 AM

You'll have a fantastic time - My wife has done the Race For Life for the last 5 years and loves it and raised over a couple of thousand pounds for Cancer Research UK in the process - she's running this Sunday (18th) down in Falmouth , Cornwall. We support the race because my mum died of cancer and my brother also had a really tough time with this disease, It's SO important to do what we can - Have a great time Michelle. ( Sorry but all my spare cash has gone to my wife !! )

Geoff

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 16 May 2008 - 9:56 AM
    Michelle_S
    16 May 2008 - 9:59 AM

Thanks both Grin
    I am really excited about this as is my daughter whos also taking part who is 9 years old.
    Ive never done anything like this and am suprised at myself.As i said i havent lost anyone to cancer but i hear so many heartbreaking atories it really made me think and evaluate myself and my life.
    Good on your wife its inspiring to hear of someone doing it every year!

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Well Michelle as you've mentioned it on the site, maybe you could do it for Lindyn.

Good luck Smile

Michelle_S
    16 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

I didnt know he had cancer,but i will pm his family and ask them.Thanks

11thearlofmar
    16 May 2008 - 10:38 AM

My daughters are doing it again this year. It's a great occasion tinged with some sadness for some. I took a photo of the mass warm up last year here. Fantastic sight.

Good luck

Alan

Last Modified By 11thearlofmar at 16 May 2008 - 10:39 AM
    Michelle_S
    16 May 2008 - 3:56 PM

Wish your daughters luck for me Smile
    Hopefully ill have enough energy to get past the warm up to do the walk Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.