Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Railway upgrades

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 11:07 AM

I wonder if part of the announcements, will include a new road bridge over the East Coast mainline at Tallington

The crossing on the A16, is currently closed for road traffic for approx 40/45 minutes in every hour.

I had cause to use it on a daily basis during 2010 and 2011 and the delays were horrendous

I am sure the good folks of Tallington and the Road Users Association will be lobbying for something to be done.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jul 2012 - 11:07 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
16 Jul 2012 - 1:07 PM

I suspect it will come down to whether "our people" are likely to find the new link useful.

The online Independent carried a piece about the Olympic brand police who are set to enforce brand protection laws brought in especially for the sponsors of the London Olympics. It's not just the bankers that seem to get special treatment from our government!

collywobles
16 Jul 2012 - 1:14 PM

Why is it that people cannot look at announcements like this in a positive manner.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 1:24 PM

Quote: The online Independent carried a piece about the Olympic brand police who are set to enforce brand protection laws brought in especially for the sponsors of the London Olympics.

Well if you pay for these things via sponsorship, you have to protect the sponsors investment. Your not going to millions from coke a cola if Pepsi can get the same publicity by planting people in the crowd/outside the venues.

Quote: Why is it that people cannot look at announcements like this in a positive manner.

It's the British disease, I blaim the press myself.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
16 Jul 2012 - 1:27 PM

Because Britain has become a nation of miserable moaning pessimists Grin

Last Modified By cambirder at 16 Jul 2012 - 1:27 PM
WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41033 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England134 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 1:35 PM

I blame the weather!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 1:42 PM

Quote: Why is it that people cannot look at announcements like this in a positive manner.

Because for every good thing in an announcement, there are 10 bad ones hidden behind it....Smile

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
16 Jul 2012 - 3:46 PM

Quote: Because for every good thing in an announcement, there are 10 bad ones hidden behind it....

Another thing is that too many folk and organisations can't open their mouths without -

a) hyping everything they say
b) trying to sell you something

Straightforward, simple questions illicit over-the-top responses -

e.g.

"Turned out nice again?"
"Oh my God, yes.....absolutely!"

or

"Looks like the rain's set in again?"
"Oh my God! Struth! It's amazing! All this water! Where the hell's it all coming from? I'm utterly and completely appalled by it.....absolutely!"

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 5:00 PM

I'd like a train that actually went somewhere. Some people should be thankful they actually have a train service!

London is 100 miles from me, it takes 2 trains and 2 hrs to get there.

Harwich is 5 miles from me (as the crow flies) and takes 3 trains and 2 hrs to get there.

All it would take is a small bridge across the River Stour.

Pah!

thewilliam
16 Jul 2012 - 5:21 PM

Ambrose Bierce defined a cynic as a person who sees things as they are rather than as they ought to be.

Sometimes I think our government is up for sale to the highest bidder.

mikehit
mikehit  56294 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 5:23 PM

Quote: All it would take is a small bridge across the River Stour.

But that means they could get out!

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012596 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 7:17 PM

If it promotes growth in the regions, makes for easier and faster rail travel then its a good thing. Will it bring down the cost? I doubt it.

I had heard that the main intention was to get more freight travelling on the railways and off the roads, so not a good thing for those living near railines.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 9:44 PM

I wasn't looking at it in a negative manner at all. Actually I believe it is 10/20 years overdue, plus hopefully, a good proportion of the work will go to one of our parent company's Op Co's

I was merely pointing out, that there are other logistics to be considered. I am sure anyone on here, who lives in the Stamford/Deeping/Bourne areas will agree with meSmile

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 10:39 PM

Quote: Sometimes I think our government is up for sale to the highest bidder.

No William, that's just totally unfair, and completely wrong. How could you possibly think that after all they have done for us....

'highest' bidder indeed!

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104009 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2012 - 11:18 PM

Quote: Sometimes I think our government is up for sale to the highest bidder.

No William, that's just totally unfair, and completely wrong. How could you possibly think that after all they have done for us....

'highest' bidder indeed!

G4S? they could provide guards on trains (recruited from all the soldiers who are being made redundant!!!)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.