Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

Rankin on Desert Island Discs

SlowSong Plus
6 4.9k 29 England
3 Mar 2013 11:05AM
Should be interesting. Today at 11.15am BBC Radio 4, Rankin. Repeated on Friday 9.00am.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Techno Plus
6 1.0k 8 England
3 Mar 2013 11:26AM
Thanks for that Chris, must admit I enjoyed his TV documentary on "Life Magazine" and interviews with some of the Togs that are still around......Still got it on the hdd...Wink
SlowSong Plus
6 4.9k 29 England
3 Mar 2013 11:39AM
I've actually seen Rankin in action. He held photo sessions in Brick Lane a year or so ago as part of an exhibition of his work. People could book time with him and as you wandered around the exhibition you could watch him work with them in a studio area. He was very interesting and seemed very nice. His exhibition was superb too.
Techno Plus
6 1.0k 8 England
3 Mar 2013 3:03PM
It would be good to see him at "Focus" along with likes of Karl Taylor, Big dog...........
Coast Plus
6 1.5k 292 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2013 6:09PM
Very enjoyable and interesting so recommend you give it a listen on Fridays repeat if you can. Not wanting to spoil anything but his favourite song is Mornings Eleven by the Magic Numbers which was good to hear as its one of mine too and most people ever seem to have heard of the Magic Numbers when I enthuse about them on music conversations between friends and colleagues.

Anyway it's a good Desert Island edition particularly for those interested in Photography
3 Mar 2013 6:51PM
JackAllTog Plus
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2013 12:54PM
Super - thank for this, very interesting start to see his stated motivation. And how he 'keeps himself normal'. hope to finish off the rest later Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.