Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Rankin on Desert Island Discs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54167 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2013 - 11:05 AM

Should be interesting. Today at 11.15am BBC Radio 4, Rankin. Repeated on Friday 9.00am.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 3 Mar 2013 - 11:06 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Mar 2013 - 11:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Techno
    Techno  51004 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2013 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for that Chris, must admit I enjoyed his TV documentary on "Life Magazine" and interviews with some of the Togs that are still around......Still got it on the hdd...Wink

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54167 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2013 - 11:39 AM

I've actually seen Rankin in action. He held photo sessions in Brick Lane a year or so ago as part of an exhibition of his work. People could book time with him and as you wandered around the exhibition you could watch him work with them in a studio area. He was very interesting and seemed very nice. His exhibition was superb too.

Techno
    Techno  51004 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2013 - 3:03 PM

It would be good to see him at "Focus" along with likes of Karl Taylor, Big dog...........

Coast
    Coast Critique Team 6673 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom290 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2013 - 6:09 PM

Very enjoyable and interesting so recommend you give it a listen on Fridays repeat if you can. Not wanting to spoil anything but his favourite song is Mornings Eleven by the Magic Numbers which was good to hear as its one of mine too and most people ever seem to have heard of the Magic Numbers when I enthuse about them on music conversations between friends and colleagues.

Anyway it's a good Desert Island edition particularly for those interested in Photography

Bluetooth
    Bluetooth  6 England
    3 Mar 2013 - 6:51 PM

I'll give it a listen op the iplayer now cheers. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/castaway/d3564cce#b01r0...

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53509 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Mar 2013 - 12:54 PM

Super - thank for this, very interesting start to see his stated motivation. And how he 'keeps himself normal'. hope to finish off the rest later Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.