Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Rannoch Help!

ChazB Plus
10 64 3 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2008 1:57PM
Just wanted to thank everyone who commented on my previous thread where I asked for Scottish location suggestions - well we decided on Loch Rannoch! My boyfriend and I are staying in Kinloch Rannoch for a few nights from tomorrow and as much as I'm so excited to finally have the time for photography, I'm slightly worried I won't be able to find the many classic viewpoints of the moor and possibly Glen Etive if we have time to get that far north. I'm assuming the best way to drive to that side of the moor is to take the A827 past Loch Tay, followed by the A85 and the A82 northwards, but are there any suitable car parks to pull into within easy distance of say Loch Ba and Lochan na h-Achaise? Also is 'the lone tree' fairly obvious?! And, incase we make it that far, is Black Rock Cottage easy to reach too? Sorry about all the questions, but any advice at all on the area would be so appreciated, thanks!
Charlotte

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 8 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2008 2:51PM
There's plenty of pull-in's in and around both Loch Ba and Lochan Na h-Aclaise. Just watch out for traffic flying past.

Classic Buchaille Etive Mor

Glen Etive is tricky because much of the best parts of the river are hidden from the road. There are obvious places to stop, however, and the road is relatively quiet.

Easy parking for Black Rock
ChazB Plus
10 64 3 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2008 6:01PM
Thanks Chris, both of those links are really helpful! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.