Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Rannoch Moor....why bother?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

GreyMoonRising
19 Nov 2008 - 1:52 PM

Is there any point in most of us (myself included) going all the way up there to Rannoch Moor and surrounding areas only to come home with the same, same, same old images that have been done over and over again. I mean I can see the same Photograph of that shrub of a tree on the island by the hundreds on this site alone?

It's little more than copying everyone elses work by those who went there before us. There are times when I could quite happily cut that tree down and throw it in the water (not that I would of course)

I know they are some who will say it's worth the visit at least once but at least try something new once you go there.

Here is the point...Rannoch moor is not worth the effort of going all that way and doing the same old shots, just buy yourself some of postcards of it and save yourself the time you will never get back not to mention messing up our planet with the petrol fumes we use getting there.

(or we can try something original)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Nov 2008 - 1:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GreyMoonRising
19 Nov 2008 - 1:57 PM

Who does this greymoonrising think he is telling me what to do?
If I want to go there and take the same old crap photographs as everyone else it's my choice mate.

(may as well answer the the post myself as no-one will have any original thoughts about this one)

I'm away to start a fight with my shadow

Peter

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2008 - 2:09 PM

Cary on Peter your self argument is very interesting. But is your post creative, or one that has been gone over so many times it is better to resurrect and old thread and let people argue for ever on a non-resolvable topic?

GreyMoonRising
19 Nov 2008 - 2:11 PM

I just thought of another post!! Guess what...

Nick_Hilton
19 Nov 2008 - 2:14 PM

everything has been photographed before you need to find a new angle thats the challenge.
By the way do you want a list of where I have been so your don't copy me

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2008 - 2:14 PM

Quote: Is there any point in most of us (myself included) going all the way up there to Rannoch Moor and surrounding areas only to come home with the same, same, same old images

You could say that about 99.9% of all photographs. And it's always been the same. The difference now is that you see everyone who's shot the same shots, whereas in the older days you just saw the occasional book, magazine or friends pic. It's not the subject it's the internet's popularity that's made the subjects appear popular.

GreyMoonRising
19 Nov 2008 - 2:17 PM

Excuse me I'm just off to get some more petrol for the fire, the clever ones seem to have turned up....

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points

It's a big area, go try to get something different.

Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points

Well.... i for one havn't had the weather i would like to get the shots i am happy with, its a beautiful place, so what if others have been there before.

Alot of us go to combine meeting with friends and having a laugh and a drink, which makes the travelling worth the while and as there has just been a meet in Scotland there are bound to be more than the fair share of Rannoch Moor photos on site at the moment.

Good luck with fighting your shadow!

Nickscape
Nickscape  8694 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2008 - 2:18 PM

Are you having a bad day?

Ask most people in this country where Rannoch moor is and they wont have a clue - theres a different angle for you

JamesBurns
19 Nov 2008 - 2:20 PM

Aaaaah...

A slightly more original take on the "nobody votes for my photo's" thread...

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
19 Nov 2008 - 2:22 PM

I'm going to sell my camera and lenses. Wink

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2008 - 2:24 PM

shame its not Nikon, i may have been interested Smile

GreyMoonRising
19 Nov 2008 - 2:24 PM

I'm bored with this topic already...think I will head up to Rannoch Moor and bag some pics.
Quote: It's a big area, go try to get something different.

Well said Whipspeed my point exactly.

Over and out

Peter

Last Modified By GreyMoonRising at 19 Nov 2008 - 2:26 PM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2008 - 2:28 PM

Well as I'm down as clever one here's a thought...people have mentioned this topic time and time again...maybe not as many as have photographed the tree but plenty all the same. So rather than post the same topic again (read photograph), why not look at the old ones (read buy the postcard), or talk about something different Wink
I've never been to Rannoch Moor I want to and I WILL photograph the same scenes, but I will also travel around and look for other locations. My thinking is that's been done by many too and I'm guessing there are not that many spectacular scenes...I may be wrong, but we have many talented photographers on here and if anyone could have got good pics from different viewpoints they would have by now. Maybe there's a challenge. the most unusual shot from the area?

Last Modified By Pete at 19 Nov 2008 - 2:31 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.