Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

RAW HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparklep e2
7 146 1
23 Feb 2007 7:53PM
I accidently left my camera on RAW when I was experimenting. Although my laptop has downloaded them, adobe says is cant read raw. I have downloaded pixmantec, but I do not know how to put them on.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kokobrown e2
10 1.9k Scotland
23 Feb 2007 7:56PM
what version of photoshop are you running, and what camera have you got? You may have to download the latest plug in to view them.

Laura
x
Squirrel e2
7 401 3 England
23 Feb 2007 11:09PM
Dear sparklep

Check the plug ins section of your version of photoshop and that should tell you if Camera RAW is installed with it.
I had problems opening RAW files with Photoshop Elements 5. Depending on which camera you have you might find that you need to download RAW version 3.6 plug in from the Adobe site. Watch out though, sometimes the newer version does not over write the older one, in which case both versions will show up in the plug ins list and it won't work. If this happens delete the older version and it should be fine. Hope this helps.

Regards Squirrel
Little Jo e2
13 2.3k United Kingdom
23 Feb 2007 11:36PM
If you have a very recent model, v3.7 of the camera raw plugin in now available. It will work with Photoshop CS2 or Photoshop Elements 4 or 5. It will not work with earlier versions of Photoshop, I can't remember whether PS Elements v3 was able to work with raw.

If you have an earlier version of Phototshop, you need to use the DNG converter to get to a compatible file and install v2.4 of the camera raw plugin.

C1 LE gets a lot of positive reviews. DxO I've also heard favourable reviews.

Jo
woolybill1 e2
8 18 65 United Kingdom
27 Apr 2007 11:31PM
Sorry this is so late - I rarely read the forum - but you might also try Picasa which seems to read everything from tiff to Nikon raw (NEF) and comes FREE from Google. And it's dead easy to use - it automatically re-saves everything as a jpeg file.
Bill
MartinWalker 7 160 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2007 5:18PM
Was there any software that came with the camera??? That will allow you to view the RAW files and convert to TIFF's or jpeg's...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.