Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

RAW HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sparklep
    sparklep  7146 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Feb 2007 - 7:53 PM

I accidently left my camera on RAW when I was experimenting. Although my laptop has downloaded them, adobe says is cant read raw. I have downloaded pixmantec, but I do not know how to put them on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Feb 2007 - 7:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kokobrown
    kokobrown  101902 forum posts Scotland
    23 Feb 2007 - 7:56 PM

what version of photoshop are you running, and what camera have you got? You may have to download the latest plug in to view them.

Laura
    x

Squirrel
    Squirrel  7377 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Feb 2007 - 11:09 PM

Dear sparklep

Check the plug ins section of your version of photoshop and that should tell you if Camera RAW is installed with it.
    I had problems opening RAW files with Photoshop Elements 5. Depending on which camera you have you might find that you need to download RAW version 3.6 plug in from the Adobe site. Watch out though, sometimes the newer version does not over write the older one, in which case both versions will show up in the plug ins list and it won't work. If this happens delete the older version and it should be fine. Hope this helps.

Regards Squirrel

Little Jo
    Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
    23 Feb 2007 - 11:36 PM

If you have a very recent model, v3.7 of the camera raw plugin in now available. It will work with Photoshop CS2 or Photoshop Elements 4 or 5. It will not work with earlier versions of Photoshop, I can't remember whether PS Elements v3 was able to work with raw.

If you have an earlier version of Phototshop, you need to use the DNG converter to get to a compatible file and install v2.4 of the camera raw plugin.

C1 LE gets a lot of positive reviews. DxO I've also heard favourable reviews.

Jo

woolybill1
    woolybill1 e2 Member 7woolybill1 vcard United Kingdom65 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Apr 2007 - 11:31 PM

Sorry this is so late - I rarely read the forum - but you might also try Picasa which seems to read everything from tiff to Nikon raw (NEF) and comes FREE from Google. And it's dead easy to use - it automatically re-saves everything as a jpeg file.
    Bill

MartinWalker
    28 Apr 2007 - 5:18 PM

Was there any software that came with the camera??? That will allow you to view the RAW files and convert to TIFF's or jpeg's...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.