Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Raw converter

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 8283 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2013 - 5:22 PM

OH! And by the way, pleased with the D5200 so far but my health has rather curtailed my photography somewhat. Smile

Last Modified By pluckyfilly at 21 Jan 2013 - 5:23 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Jan 2013 - 5:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

capto
capto e2 Member 21236 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2013 - 11:01 PM

I hope you feel well enough to get shooting soon, can't wait to see what you can achieve with all those millions of pixels in raw. If you have any problems with the raw conversion I'm sure a post here will get you a speedy response.

ivor

Last Modified By capto at 21 Jan 2013 - 11:02 PM
pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 8283 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jan 2013 - 5:21 PM

Quote: Have you tried View NX2?
I suggest any Nikon user should try this free software. It includes many basic adjustments including the ability to change several of the camera settings without losing file information.
If other software you use does not recognise the Nikon edits (a lot does not) you can save as a Tiff to avoid losing some file information when doing many basic edits.

I downloaded the DNG converter and being a thicko couldnt see how to import the raw files so went to View NX2 and found a way to convert - I will perservere with DNG but in the meantime use View NX2 it was not too bad maybe a little slower than what I am used to but thats life I guess. Thanks for all offers of help, very much appreciated - I doubt you have heard the last of me yetWink

capto
capto e2 Member 21236 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jan 2013 - 4:04 PM

Glad you have managed to convert. If you want to try the DNG converter again here are the steps that work for me.

Download files to Desktop. You can do this using Bridge or drag & drop to the desktop from your memory card when the autoplay window pops up and you select 'open using windows'
If you want to save the dng files in a different folder from the raw files, make suitably named folder on the desktop.
Open DNG Converter [ If as sometimes happens with me a window pops up saying 'no disk ' or something, just click continue.
In no1 panel select the folder you have the raw files in.
In panel no2 select 'save in same location' or 'New location' if you want to save in your new folder.
In panel no3 set the info you want your files to have.
In panel4 leave as it is.
Click 'Convert'
Exit when done.
Sounds easy, I hope it is.
Don't hesitate to come back. Sometimes it is the silly little things that trip you up. I know I have been there.

Ivor

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.