Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

RAW problems

R Wadey 13 15
13 Oct 2004 8:48PM
Can anyone help, I am new to digital and have recently bought an EOS 10d, I have used it for several weeks shooting large Jpegs, I recently tried shooting RAW, and this evening have tried down loading the images, I have downloaded the images to my PC and then tried the convert and save file function, before converting the RAW to exif-jpg; the procces takes a few seconds and then flashes up a window saying 'Error saving file' thats it, nothing more, Im stuck-am I doing something wrong, any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Richard

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lordposh 10 45 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 9:03PM
Richard are you using the Canon software to download or windows software..?? I use Minotla camera and find it is much easier to view/open using thier software then try to save...

Roger
R Wadey 13 15
13 Oct 2004 9:08PM
Hi roger, i use the Canon software supplied? I suspect I am doing something wrong with teh downloading of images.
johnjrp e2
10 431 5 Australia
14 Oct 2004 4:46AM
Richard

I have a Canon G3. I download my Raw files using the Canon Software, but I don't think you can use it to convert the Raw file to Jpeg. I use either my PS or Breeze software. What photograhic software do you have?

John
john64 e2
10 824 England
14 Oct 2004 7:58AM
Richard, my two penn'eth:

I shoot in RAW from a 10D, load the RAW files to my PC, open them with Canon Zoombrowser EX (bundled in with the 10D) and save them as a tif file.

I then make any adjustments I want with Photoshop and can save as a jpg from there.

Hope this helps.

JC
14 Oct 2004 8:13AM
Richard,

I have exactly the same problem, it seems to be a bug in the latest Canon software, as it didn't do it in the previous version.

Like John I save them as tif files and then do what I need in PSP.

David

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.