Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

RAW problems

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    R Wadey
    R Wadey  13
    13 Oct 2004 - 8:48 PM

Can anyone help, I am new to digital and have recently bought an EOS 10d, I have used it for several weeks shooting large Jpegs, I recently tried shooting RAW, and this evening have tried down loading the images, I have downloaded the images to my PC and then tried the convert and save file function, before converting the RAW to exif-jpg; the procces takes a few seconds and then flashes up a window saying 'Error saving file' thats it, nothing more, Im stuck-am I doing something wrong, any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Richard

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Oct 2004 - 8:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lordposh
    lordposh  1045 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Oct 2004 - 9:03 PM

Richard are you using the Canon software to download or windows software..?? I use Minotla camera and find it is much easier to view/open using thier software then try to save...

Roger

R Wadey
    R Wadey  13
    13 Oct 2004 - 9:08 PM

Hi roger, i use the Canon software supplied? I suspect I am doing something wrong with teh downloading of images.

johnjrp
    johnjrp e2 Member 10431 forum postsjohnjrp vcard Australia5 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Oct 2004 - 4:46 AM

Richard

I have a Canon G3. I download my Raw files using the Canon Software, but I don't think you can use it to convert the Raw file to Jpeg. I use either my PS or Breeze software. What photograhic software do you have?

John

john64
    john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    14 Oct 2004 - 7:58 AM

Richard, my two penn'eth:

I shoot in RAW from a 10D, load the RAW files to my PC, open them with Canon Zoombrowser EX (bundled in with the 10D) and save them as a tif file.

I then make any adjustments I want with Photoshop and can save as a jpg from there.

Hope this helps.

JC

scandave2003
    14 Oct 2004 - 8:13 AM

Richard,

I have exactly the same problem, it seems to be a bug in the latest Canon software, as it didn't do it in the previous version.

Like John I save them as tif files and then do what I need in PSP.

David

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.