Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

úrd party flash and off cam cord

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MichaelTuska
    30 Nov 2012 - 7:58 PM

I have a Sony NEX7 and want dedicated flash to use on camera and via off camera cord.
    Anyone recommend other than Sony's branded . Trying to minimise cost.
    if a recommendation is given,do they work satisfactory? Friend had Nissin flash which failed he had lost receipt although only 9 months old and they wouldn't repair unless he paid.(ú20.00 to inspect and ú65.00 to repair) Can buy newone Di622 at ú99.00 from Cameraworld. not sure what off camera cord would work though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Nov 2012 - 7:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk
    30 Nov 2012 - 8:17 PM

I use a Nissin with cheap radio triggerson my canons they have been great. Does it have to be a cord?

lawbert
    lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 8:58 PM

I cant reccommend a flash but there are many about nowadays very cheaply.

I have a Yongnuo 10m Canon off camera flash cord which I purchased from ebay and Im sure they do Sony ones.

Quote: Does it have to be a cord?

For me it does....Cheap radio triggers only give a sync speed which can be lower than the cameras set sync speed so you have no control at all of shutter speed as you do with an off camera cordWink

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314803 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 9:00 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lastolite-Camera-Flash-Cords-Single/dp/B002L6G9GA/ref=sr...

A little expensive, there a probably similar cheaper on Ebay.

I always carry a cord, wireless triggers can be handy but at least with a cord you know its always going to work.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 30 Nov 2012 - 9:06 PM
    MrGoatsmilk
    30 Nov 2012 - 9:52 PM

How's out the pixel king triggers I believe you have control with those, still pretty cheap. Not as cheap as a cord though.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314803 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 10:09 PM

A lot of the wireless triggers don`t give you ttl dedicated control, the leads do.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.