Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Re-enctment Photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KevSB
    KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 6:35 PM

I Mainly focus on this type of photography now out of pure enjoyment, I have made meny contacts and friends over the years and am thrilled at some of the opportunitys I get to take Photographs when invited, just a shame my skills dont match the opportunitys, Last year for example I spent the weekend abourd SS Great britain and unlimeted access for example which was a big one for me with all the history that surrounded me, I have meny more exsperiences just like it.

I was invited this weekend to a private event in a lincolnshire forest which was a first for me with ww2 group, took hundreds of images and a film was made. Was wet, Cold and muddy in sub zero temps and when asked if I would do it again..The answer has to be try and stop me. I wanted to share with you a clip that has been made a short teaser of what we did. On another note if any epz member is at an event that im attending let me know as some of the groups are willing to take time out for photographers and do Impromto photo shoots away from the public areas , and if its possible will be more than happy to arrange it, so just let me know.

The Russain

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2012 - 6:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NaturesHaven
    NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 6:56 PM

Your images are beautiful............you put yourself down........great tones, great light. GrinGrinGrin

goexplorephotography

interesting, would like to see more. what did you film it on

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 8:07 PM

I envy the opportunities you have, Kev.
    I would love to be able to do the same.

KevSB
    7 Feb 2012 - 8:14 PM

Quote: Interesting, would like to see more. what did you film it on

I just did the stills, dave and John did the vid on a a professional video cam and a canon 60D with external equipment attached ,apart from a mic I have no idea which parts was also added but John said it was all modular and added about 500 quid to the cost of cam..I'll dig a pic out tomorrow of the cam being used

Last Modified By KevSB at 7 Feb 2012 - 8:18 PM
    Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 8:27 PM

It is like watching a movie clip....nice.

KevSB
    8 Feb 2012 - 10:16 AM

img-8950.jpg
    img-9751.jpg

Canon 60D Being used with 28-105L

Last Modified By KevSB at 8 Feb 2012 - 10:16 AM
    wheresjp
    wheresjp  6102 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

Great Portfolio! I would love to get into this line of photography. Brings together some of my favorite things. I might be going to Glamis Caste to try get some Jousting shots in July, cat wait!! If you are ever up in Scotland I would love to come along to an event!!

James

KevSB
    24 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

trench.jpg
    Quote: Great Portfolio! I would love to get into this line of photography. Brings together some of my favorite things. I might be going to Glamis Caste to try get some Jousting shots in July, cat wait!! If you are ever up in Scotland I would love to come along to an event!!

James

Thats how it was and still is for me, The photography has become second place to being part of a great community, Like any genre the only way is to get known and involved, contact a local group and ask if you can photograph them, most I know will jump at the chance. unfortunetly the best event in scotland has been cancalled, that was lenark, Due to sponser pulling out but hopes to continue next year, you would be very surprised how meny scots take part in the hobby, its very populer up north and they can be the most dedicated as they travel so far to events.

Look up lace wars they are a very active and large group, very coulourful as well and do events in Scotland, Jacobite. The Best place to exsperience Living History is the Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall, Worth staying over in B&B to exsperience this, two days of Battles and displays involving Thousends. and covering nearly every period of British History. This years main feature will be the ww1 trench system again.
    Only event you will see so much cavalry in attendence from different periods, You cannot see everything in 1 weekend to be honest.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/events/foh-2012/

Last Modified By KevSB at 24 May 2012 - 11:28 AM
    wheresjp
    wheresjp  6102 forum posts United Kingdom
    29 May 2012 - 1:29 AM

Thanks for the link Kev, Looks like a good day out!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.