Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Re the locked stolen photo what to do thread

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

GlennH
GlennH  91888 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 3:44 PM

Lawyers aren't required in a county court claim for breach of copyright, and the law doesn't only protect professional photographers, although not so long ago it would probably have helped if you could demonstrate loss of earnings. Things have changed in the UK, and it's fitting that they have, regardless of those charitable souls who like to give their photos away.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Dec 2012 - 3:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
17 Dec 2012 - 4:02 PM

Boony, your position is shifting. You were saying he wouldn't be able to prove photos were the same now you're saying he couldn't afford a lawyer, (he doesn't need one). You need to realise photographers aren't helpless in situations like these and that's why the OP asked for and received help. Is your advice just to give up before even trying?

lawbert
lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 4:08 PM

A link to the images in this unlocked thread pleaseWink

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 6:07 PM

Look back at the threads they are there !

First time I have come across this site and after studying the shots including the windows people lights and exposure times , these have to be the same shot, and yes it could be copied .... and pasted .. just like they did on that site ! and thats the ONLY way your going to reproduce that exact shot.

pulsar69
17 Dec 2012 - 6:17 PM

How about this one then !!

http://www.stayvivo.com/local-info/nights-out

pulsar69
17 Dec 2012 - 6:22 PM

oh and here

http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/partners.php

click on england in the menu and its the last photo

Seems this shot is certainly doing the rounds !!

User_Removed
17 Dec 2012 - 6:29 PM

@lawbert http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/stolen-photo--what-to-do--100435/p-2#comm...

pulsar69
17 Dec 2012 - 6:50 PM

There is an easy way to find shots that have been stolen without much effort as I just did with that , instal google chrome as your browser then right click on your photo on a web page and click search google with this image, there is also standalone and plugin browser technology for ie and firefox which does the same , worth a look out there people - get ready to send some invoices out Wink

GlennH
GlennH  91888 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 6:59 PM

Yes it's all over the shop! No matter, providing it hasn't been offered FOC anywhere during its history.

boony
boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 7:08 PM

My advice Chris is to try it, see what happens! Please go ahead and prove me wrong. My position on that hasn't changed but you don't seem willing to put your theory into practice here mate. You're talking as though this is the crime of the century - a court will view it very differently unless you're very skilled and experienced in putting across a legal arguement. You can link to all the websites "proving" your point that you want to, that means nothing. Please go ahead and take this instance of copyright infringement all the way so we can see what the outcome is! I WANT you to prove me wrong and get a nice big payout for the O.P.

I clarified my position in the original post in this thread, if you take that as a change in my position so be it like I've said before your opinion is something you're entitled to. My position is still the same - you're talking as though the hotel firm won't defend itself here.

Please, Chris - take it to court/tribunal/whatever it would be in this instance and then report back fella.

Andy_Cundell
17 Dec 2012 - 7:33 PM

Quote: There is an easy way to find shots that have been stolen without much effort as I just did with that , instal google chrome as your browser then right click on your photo on a web page and click search google with this image, there is also standalone and plugin browser technology for ie and firefox which does the same , worth a look out there people - get ready to send some invoices out Wink

How do you do this? I'm right clicking and dont get the option up!

Andy_Cundell
17 Dec 2012 - 7:43 PM

Got it! It's an extension in chrome! Thanks mate! Will be paying people to use my images though!!!!

User_Removed
17 Dec 2012 - 10:42 PM

Quote: Please go ahead and prove me wrong. My position on that hasn't changed but you don't seem willing to put your theory into practice here

The trouble with skip-reading threads as you did Boony is that you get your facts wrong. It's not my pictures that are in dispute here.

Quote: You can link to all the websites "proving" your point that you want to

I didn't link to any, you're skip-reading again.

User_Removed
17 Dec 2012 - 10:51 PM

For those interested the way to check your images in Firefox is to open your image in one tab and Google Images in another, drag your image to the Google Images tab which Firefox will switch too, continue dragging and drop it into the search box.

User_Removed
18 Dec 2012 - 9:48 AM

Quote: For those interested the way to check your images in Firefox is to open your image in one tab and Google Images in another, drag your image to the Google Images tab which Firefox will switch too, continue dragging and drop it into the search box.

You don't need to open your image in Firefox - you can drag it into Google images on Firefox from any folder on your computer. I dragged in my Northern Lights one and Google told me it was on www.chrislongley.com/ and on my own Flickr page but, interestingly, not on ePz.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.