Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Reasonable price camera for underwater

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    churchill123
    21 Jun 2012 - 8:00 AM

Hi all, someone has asked if I know of any reasonable priced underwater camera's not looking for extreme depths.

I said I would ask on here, any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks
    Linda

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Jun 2012 - 8:00 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JenniCh
    JenniCh  932 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jun 2012 - 8:25 AM

My son has just bought a Nikon Coolpix AW 100 that is safe to 10metres, and his first experimental shots taken with it are most impressive, and he's not a 'keen' photographer, just needed a camera that he could use when snorkelling etc. and he also wanted one that was robust but compact .......... this seems to tick all the boxes and he can also get an extra waterproof casing later so he can take it to lower depths when diving - some of his first shots were taken underwater in our pond and they are just as impressive as the others he took around the garden; it is very intuitive and easy to use which his ideal for his needs.
    Jenni

churchill123
    21 Jun 2012 - 9:03 AM

Thanks Jenni, just taken a look and have to say it is probably just what they are looking for as I think it is for thier son.

Linda

kaybee
    kaybee  103833 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jun 2012 - 9:09 AM

Lumix do one as well DMC-FT3 which tends to come out top on several comparisons of similar type cameras

MikeA
    MikeA  91175 forum posts England
    21 Jun 2012 - 11:07 AM

You cannot go far wrong with a GoPro, but it all depends what a "reasonable price" is?

http://gopro.com/products/?gclid=CMXNjcWK37ACFYJBzQodrlHAzA

Deanooo
    Deanooo  2 Wales
    21 Jun 2012 - 1:57 PM

Kodak EASYSHARE SPORT C123 i bought this whilst in florida to use at the water parks, it blew me away for the cost of it 35!!!!, absolutely brilliant, plus it has got video facility, i use a d300 and shoot a lot of water sports so im not just a point and shoot guy, have a look at it and believe me you cant go wrong...

Paul65
    Paul65  6258 forum posts England
    21 Jun 2012 - 7:10 PM

I've just bought an Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 as it rated high on comparison sites. Not used it in anger yet (waiting for snorkelling in Maldives in a few weeks).
    Bought from EBay via China which worked out a little cheaper than RRP.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.