Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Recommendations for canvas printers

Snapper_T 10 848 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2006 11:36PM
I'm looking for companies that print your own images onto canvas and found a few online, but just wanted to hear of recommendations on quality and service.

These prints are going to be in a local gallery.

I did ask at the gallery, but they only buy in stock.

Ta
Trev

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
20 Jan 2006 11:40PM
Beat you to it by a few days!
20 Jan 2006 11:45PM
Thanks,
I did try the forum search, but it didn't deliver.
peterhorner 10 64
22 Jan 2006 5:21AM
Hi trev,

I often like to look around at other companies canvas prints. There is a wide range of prices and different qualities which makes it tough to choose. Before co-creating my own large format printing company a few years ago I used to use 4canvas and photoartistry for my own canvas printing needs. I've also heard good things about gaskinimages.

Peter
toonboy 10 75 United Kingdom
22 Jan 2006 6:34AM
Hi Trev

Try www.mycanvasprints.co.uk I had an image split onto three canvases the service and quality was excellent, very well priced as well

Regards Ken
AndyM 10 99
23 Jan 2006 3:07AM
I've just had a print done by Gaskin. The product is excellent, but although the staff are friendly when you ring, overall the level of service isn't that good in my experience.

e.g. it took about 5 weeks for my print to arrive (although 1 week was over Christmas, to be fair), they lost the image I uploaded and I had to send it again.

Not sure I'd use them again.

Cheers

Andy
markharrop 10 191 England
23 Jan 2006 5:42AM
I have used Gaskin too. I thought they were very good. I had no problems with them and the final product was excellent and now is hanging on my Mum's living room wall.

Mark
23 Jan 2006 10:21AM
thanks for the input.

Ken - thanks for the link to mycanvasprints. How can do it at their prices? Will have to investigate.
redbulluk 11 218 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2006 11:24AM
I've used http://www.digpics.co.uk/ a couple of times now and been very pleased with both service and quality.

Definitely worth a look
Ian G W 11 396 3 England
23 Jan 2006 1:21PM
I've not tried this place but their prices look amazing (13.40 for A2 canvas for example) - I know you were looking for recommendations based on quality and service snappert - perhaps someone can comment on Angel Digital regarding these parameters.

Ian.
23 Jan 2006 2:51PM
Ian - Angel Digital seem good on the print cost, but I suspect this would be ramped up when getting it stretched on a frame.
Trev
Hoggle 8 72
23 Jan 2006 11:51PM
WWW.photobloc.co.uk are pretty good Smile
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2006 3:47AM

Quote:
I've not tried this place but their prices look amazing (13.40 for A2 canvas for example) - I know you were looking for recommendations based on quality and service snappert - perhaps someone can comment on Angel Digital regarding these parameters.

Ian.

The price looks like it is canvas only - frame not included.

Mattw
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2006 3:54AM
Frame or no frame, that still seems a hell of a price!
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2006 4:53AM
Ian, it could be, but you need to make sure you compare like for like.

Also - do you know how to mount a 'strech canvas'?

Mattw

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.