Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Recommended file size for uploading

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    12 Dec 2012 - 11:27 PM

Just a very quick one, as a lot of sites but data limits on their sites. What file size would you recommend as a minimum so as to make the images worthy of displaying

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Dec 2012 - 11:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
    13 Dec 2012 - 12:51 AM

think they resized when uploaded

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    13 Dec 2012 - 6:07 AM

Sorry I didn't make this overly clear. I blame the time Smile I have recently set up my own web site. So as such the only limiting factors are those applied by the host surrounding data allowance, rather than the limits applied by epz

GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Dec 2012 - 6:52 AM

File sizes of JPEGs will vary wildly depending on the content of the picture. A photo with lots of fine detail, such as a landscape, will not compress to as small a size as a portrait, or any photo with large areas of single tone. You might expect a 600-800 pixel file to be something in the region of 100 - 200 KB, whereas if you wanted to produce real screen-fillers of over 1000 pixels the expected size would increase accordingly. Some folk keep file sizes and image dimensions deliberately modest to deter image theft.

Back in the day when we all had slow internet connections it was wise to keep JPEGs as compressed as possible, and I guess that still applies to some extent—you don't want anyone to have to wait for your photos to load (internet patience is pretty short-lived in most people).

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.