Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Recommended Film Processing Labs!

pentaxpete 9 553 1 England
4 Jan 2011 10:40AM
All you FILM users please look at and join the 'Film Photography Group' as it is very lonely there and I am mostly the only one putting any photos in ! You can find it under 'Community-- Members' Groups'

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

5 Mar 2011 9:17AM
Back in the day I used to use Colab which has become onevisionimaging.com They still do all my digital printing and I am very pleased with them. They used to do all my wedding film printing with no complaints and a great service.
5 Mar 2011 1:49PM
I do not know if MetroColor Lab (Birmingham) has been mentioned, but they are very reliable, and I have stuck with them for 5+ years now for colour slides, and also medium format work. Recently had a roll of FujiColor(negative film) processed and printed at local Boots. Negatives came back green in colour, and the photos had a bluish tinge on any colour black. Had no problems with Boots with Kodak colour film, but will now be sending my FujiColor to Metro, or possibly a Fuji processor.
27 Oct 2013 11:46AM
I am looking for an alternative film processing lab. - for E6 35mm & 120; also the occasional B&W film. As per my post above March 2011, I have been using MetroColor Lab. I found them very quick with the turnaround, but they have merged with AG Photographic, and the turnaround has lengthened considerably. My last set of 35mm slides have taken 13 days to arrive back.
It looks like Peak Imaging might be worth a try, although slightly dearer.
Andysnapper e2
6 106 22 England
28 Oct 2013 3:12PM
Peak are superb, generally a 2 day turnaround and lovely clean negs. I believe The Darkroom are also good but I haven't tried them myself.
AG provide excellent clean negs as well but you are right, they are a bit slow.

Andy
28 Oct 2013 4:29PM
Andy, Thanks for that. I will certainly be giving Peak a try. I had no criticism of MetroColour Lab, nor really AG. It is just that it took almost a fortnight for the last 35mm slides to come back. With Metro, 120 slide film took longer than 35 slide processing, but only by a few days. I wondered if that was because they had to get enough 120 films to make up a 'batch' for processing.
Andysnapper e2
6 106 22 England
28 Oct 2013 7:03PM
On another forum I frequent (Talk Photography, the film and conventional section is very active, pop over and have a look) most people use Peak or The Darkroom and I can't remember a complaint about either.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
28 Oct 2013 7:57PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.