Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Recommended Film Processing Labs!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pentaxpete
4 Jan 2011 - 10:40 AM

All you FILM users please look at and join the 'Film Photography Group' as it is very lonely there and I am mostly the only one putting any photos in ! You can find it under 'Community-- Members' Groups'

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Jan 2011 - 10:40 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fotocourses
5 Mar 2011 - 9:17 AM

Back in the day I used to use Colab which has become onevisionimaging.com They still do all my digital printing and I am very pleased with them. They used to do all my wedding film printing with no complaints and a great service.

polis_928tadw59

I do not know if MetroColor Lab (Birmingham) has been mentioned, but they are very reliable, and I have stuck with them for 5+ years now for colour slides, and also medium format work. Recently had a roll of FujiColor(negative film) processed and printed at local Boots. Negatives came back green in colour, and the photos had a bluish tinge on any colour black. Had no problems with Boots with Kodak colour film, but will now be sending my FujiColor to Metro, or possibly a Fuji processor.

polis_928tadw59
27 Oct 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am looking for an alternative film processing lab. - for E6 35mm & 120; also the occasional B&W film. As per my post above March 2011, I have been using MetroColor Lab. I found them very quick with the turnaround, but they have merged with AG Photographic, and the turnaround has lengthened considerably. My last set of 35mm slides have taken 13 days to arrive back.
It looks like Peak Imaging might be worth a try, although slightly dearer.

Andysnapper
Andysnapper e2 Member 6101 forum postsAndysnapper vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 3:12 PM

Peak are superb, generally a 2 day turnaround and lovely clean negs. I believe The Darkroom are also good but I haven't tried them myself.
AG provide excellent clean negs as well but you are right, they are a bit slow.

Andy

polis_928tadw59

Andy, Thanks for that. I will certainly be giving Peak a try. I had no criticism of MetroColour Lab, nor really AG. It is just that it took almost a fortnight for the last 35mm slides to come back. With Metro, 120 slide film took longer than 35 slide processing, but only by a few days. I wondered if that was because they had to get enough 120 films to make up a 'batch' for processing.

Andysnapper
Andysnapper e2 Member 6101 forum postsAndysnapper vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 7:03 PM

On another forum I frequent (Talk Photography, the film and conventional section is very active, pop over and have a look) most people use Peak or The Darkroom and I can't remember a complaint about either.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 7:57 PM

A comparison of 11 online print labs.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.