Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Recording Co-ordinates

CaptivePhotons e2
11 1.6k 2 England
22 Sep 2007 11:20PM
Anybody using something like this GPS Connector ?

Perhaps we could have another addition to the photo information page showing the co-ordinates of where the shot was taken.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Sep 2007 1:40AM
Ha! I had a good laugh when I read that GPS stuff in my D200 manual.......Smile

Mainly because I have trouble figuring out what day of the week it is......Sad Let alone where I am right down to the very spot I'm standing on.

Might be usefull if your on an Arctic expedition though......Smile
23 Sep 2007 1:58AM

Quote:Let alone where I am right down to the very spot I'm standing on.

Prezactly...could be ....ermmm...embarassing to have this known... Wink
No problem for me 'cause I never know what the hell our leader wants me to do next...
CaptivePhotons e2
11 1.6k 2 England
23 Sep 2007 7:29AM
I was thinking that perhaps we would be able to click on the GPS co-ordinates in the photo information, we would then be taken to a map showing the location. I'm not sure if that would be possible to do, but it could be an interesting addition for the techies.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
23 Sep 2007 9:11AM

Quote:I was thinking that perhaps we would be able to click on the GPS co-ordinates in the photo information, we would then be taken to a map showing the location.

Check out our photo locations section it's almost fully in place. The Gallery will eventually have this feature too.
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Sep 2007 11:03AM
Sorry John, for seeming a tad Flip on your thread, Your idea is probably the way to go, Technology is making this more & more an everyday thing.

Also something that could well fit in with the Many forum requests for details on " Where to Go, whilst visiting " etc..........Smile

Looks like Pete & the boys have got a solution for the present, But hey! why not the GPS location as well at some point in the future, Could even link back to members uploads of that very spot........Smile

PhilScot e2
8 319 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2007 11:12AM
Pete
I just looked on the photo locations section.
It seems that Yosimite National Park has now been moved to Kentucky, they did well to move all those mountains since last time I was there.

Phil
kaybee e2
10 4.0k 24 Scotland
23 Sep 2007 11:37AM
I just put in San Fransisco and it came back with Port San Carlos in the Faklands...........
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2007 12:29PM

Quote:It seems that Yosimite National Park has now been moved to Kentucky,, they did well to move all those mountains since last time I was there.

I've just put them back, lucky they fit neatly into this wheelbarrow.

Quote:I just put in San Fransisco and it came back with Port San Carlos in the Faklands

It's a keyword search and we don't have a report for san fransisco yet...you could always write one Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.