Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Recording Co-ordinates

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111517 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Sep 2007 - 11:20 PM

Anybody using something like this GPS Connector?

Perhaps we could have another addition to the photo information page showing the co-ordinates of where the shot was taken.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Sep 2007 - 11:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2007 - 1:40 AM

Ha! I had a good laugh when I read that GPS stuff in my D200 manual.......Smile

Mainly because I have trouble figuring out what day of the week it is......Sad Let alone where I am right down to the very spot I'm standing on.

Might be usefull if your on an Arctic expedition though......Smile

KevinEllison
    KevinEllison e2 Member 72500 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
    23 Sep 2007 - 1:58 AM

Quote: Let alone where I am right down to the very spot I'm standing on.

Prezactly...could be ....ermmm...embarassing to have this known... Wink
    No problem for me 'cause I never know what the hell our leader wants me to do next...

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111517 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2007 - 7:29 AM

I was thinking that perhaps we would be able to click on the GPS co-ordinates in the photo information, we would then be taken to a map showing the location. I'm not sure if that would be possible to do, but it could be an interesting addition for the techies.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2007 - 9:11 AM

Quote: I was thinking that perhaps we would be able to click on the GPS co-ordinates in the photo information, we would then be taken to a map showing the location.

Check out our photo locations section it's almost fully in place. The Gallery will eventually have this feature too.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2007 - 11:03 AM

Sorry John, for seeming a tad Flip on your thread, Your idea is probably the way to go, Technology is making this more & more an everyday thing.

Also something that could well fit in with the Many forum requests for details on " Where to Go, whilst visiting " etc..........Smile

Looks like Pete & the boys have got a solution for the present, But hey! why not the GPS location as well at some point in the future, Could even link back to members uploads of that very spot........Smile

PhilScot
    PhilScot  8247 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Sep 2007 - 11:12 AM

Pete
    I just looked on the photo locations section.
    It seems that Yosimite National Park has now been moved to Kentucky, they did well to move all those mountains since last time I was there.

Phil

kaybee
    kaybee  103771 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2007 - 11:37 AM

I just put in San Fransisco and it came back with Port San Carlos in the Faklands...........

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014058 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Sep 2007 - 12:29 PM

Quote: It seems that Yosimite National Park has now been moved to Kentucky,, they did well to move all those mountains since last time I was there.

I've just put them back, lucky they fit neatly into this wheelbarrow.

Quote: I just put in San Fransisco and it came back with Port San Carlos in the Faklands

It's a keyword search and we don't have a report for san fransisco yet...you could always write one Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.