Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Recovery of deleted images

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    minelab
    minelab  6 United Kingdom
    8 Nov 2012 - 7:49 PM

I'm sure this must have cropped up on here many times before but here goes....
    For the first time ever I have accidentally deleted all the images on a camera, actually my employers camera and two of the images are particularly important.....I know...I'm a donkeySad
    I searched the internet for 'free' recovery software and downloaded two programs, both these programs successfully scanned the SD card and found all of the images I'd deleted, however when I came to restore the files, surprise surprise, I discovered you have to register and pay for the full version...fair enough I suppose but I didn't really want to spend 40 to get two photo's back...even though..get them back I must.
    Question...does anybody know of an actual 'free' program that will do the job or does anybody know if somebody like PCWorld or Jessops offer a service to recover data, I know this won't be free but probably wouldn't be 40 either.
    Any advice would be very welcome....thank you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Nov 2012 - 7:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Cephus
    Cephus  92126 forum posts England
    8 Nov 2012 - 8:02 PM

You need this freebie

saxon_image
    8 Nov 2012 - 8:03 PM

You could try Recuva from Piriform - free and from a safe software house. You can find others that are free and have been tested here.

Paul

smacau1
    smacau1  2215 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Nov 2012 - 8:27 PM

I use Recuva and Photorec / Testdisk from cgsecurity at work. Recuva has a good interface and undelete files. Photorec is a bit more 'geeky', the interface takes a bit more understanding.

BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71140 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    8 Nov 2012 - 8:49 PM

Z A R, a freebie that is really good. Recuva found 432 pix on 5 cards, zar found 2663 on the same cards!

Last Modified By BEVZED at 8 Nov 2012 - 8:51 PM
    minelab
    8 Nov 2012 - 9:28 PM

Brilliant, looks just the job, I'll try it at work tomorrow.....thank you allGrin

Bridgelayer
    9 Nov 2012 - 5:11 PM

I'll agree with BEVZED for ZAR. Good stuff at the right price.

minelab
    9 Nov 2012 - 6:06 PM

Recuva has done the jobGrin two important images recovered!..so grateful for the advice. Thank you again.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.