Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Red Bubble

Just wondering if anyone has used this to sell images. Would be interested in anyones experiences.

Thanks

Chrid

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

16 Oct 2012 11:21PM
I have been using Red Bubble for a few years and have had quite a few sales. It took a while to get the first one, but they have come along steadily ever since.

However, recently i have been seriously looking at removing all my work from their site. Over the last few months, several of my t-shirt designs and some prints were removed by them due to 'possible copyright issues' as they have been pics of Lego Stormtroopers. I have contacted them regarding the issue, but only ever get pre-scripted responses that dont even come close to explaining their reasons for removal, or indeed confirming (or denying) if a 'real' complaint had been made.

I have had the work exhibited, regularly sell elsewhere, i've published the series of images in my own book and featured in others and have never run in to any issues, yet recently they seem to find the need to remove my work. I have even contacted them asking why remove my work when there's other artists/photographers on their site posting similar images (2 of which i know as we started doing these pics at around the same time) and they have never had their images or t-shirts removed

Sorry... ranting...

Anyway, yeah, Red Bubble can work for you if you are patient. You dont make much from it, but then you dont really have to do much work. I only really started using it when some folk from the states and Australia were interested in buying some framed pieces. It was easier for a company like Red Bubble to deal with the shipping and insurance of large glass frames than me having to deal with it. Their customer service (for the artist) leaves a lot to be desired though
17 Oct 2012 7:51AM
ive been on there for quite a while, i seem to have a steady stream of little purchases from there, postcards, stickers, etc,
and i havent really be updating it on a regular basis at all.
I havent had any copyright issues, i just put my pics on there, done a few t-shirts but considering ive put virtually no effort into it in the last 12- 18 months it keeps ticking over
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
17 Oct 2012 9:33AM
Its more of a novelty, Not something you would expect to make any real money from.

LOL...Grin But that is pretty much photography today in this digital age, Hang on to that day job that pays the rent/mortgage, Unless your feeling really lucky.

Wink
PinkK 5 80 1 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2012 1:27PM
I have sold a few images on that site, but you don't get to see any of the money until you have sold quite a lot work. I haven't seen a penny yet. Don't go on there if you're expecting vast profits to come your way, just go on there to enjoy others work and getting to know the other members of the community on there Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.