Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Refilling Pixma Pro-100 cartridges

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Simonogo
    Simonogo  1
    5 Mar 2013 - 4:27 PM

Hi,

I'm new here and it's my first forum post in life... So if I do something wrong, please tell!

I just ordered a Pixma Pro-100 printer. I found different sites selling bulk ink to refill. But every site that sells it mention that they don't provide any instructions about it for this printer.

I am wondering why. Is it possible to refill them? If so, why is this information so hard to find? I know it's a new printer, but can it be so different?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Mar 2013 - 4:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2013 - 4:46 PM

It is possible to put special chips in the cartridge that measure how much ink has been used and they refuse to refill. It is not unreasonable as the printers are often sold for less than they cost in order that the manufacturer can make profit on the inks. So price of printer is lower than might be expected, but price of ink is higher. i.e they will make money somehow.

For photo printing I would ask if you should be using refill ink. There are some excelent quality companies out there selling their own brand stuff and there is some low quality terrible ink too.

ikett
    ikett  3339 forum posts England
    5 Mar 2013 - 5:03 PM

A very high end printer quality is superb, I have the pro 9500 pro II an earlier model I tried using refill inks, bad idea cost me 120 to have the print head cleaned.

I'm thinking of selling the printer as I don't print so much these days, any one interested? Drop me a message.

I would honestly stick with Canon ink on such an high end printer, there are many members of the site who are very knowledgeable about printers, do a search on forums.

seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7533 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    5 Mar 2013 - 6:59 PM

I agree. I've just bought a Pro 100 too and based on previous experience with a Pro 9000 I will not be using 3rd-party inks. They're OK for general printing but hopeless for photo-quality; I found the ink faded very quickly. Stick to Canon inks -from my limited experience with my Pro 100 so far, I would say it is more economical with ink than the old 9000 was.

Incidentally, I'm delighted with the quality of the new Pro 100, esp. with B & W prints.

Simonogo
    Simonogo  1
    6 Mar 2013 - 2:57 AM

Thank you all, guys.
    I'll follow your advises, but still give a look for good quality refill and maybe instructions as it may be soooo cheaper...
    If I find anything valuable about it, ill post it here.
    Thanks!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.