Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Regarding Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    vinod1067
    vinod1067  2 India
    2 Jan 2013 - 2:29 PM

Hi,

Now a days i am interested more in street photography which is totally new to me. I have a Nikon 18-55mm kit lens, 70-300mm, and 90mm macro. But for street photography i wish i could go for a lens where i don need to change my lens often for different scenes happening around.

Since i wanna try out street photography rather than mastering it, i thought i could buy "Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro for Nikon Digital SLR Lens" which is comparatively cheap and looks fine for my needs. Kindly give me reviews of this lens or suggest me any other lens that i can use (Not big zoom i need but slight wide angle to significant zoom). And i will definitely buy 50mm prime lens for portrait needSmile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jan 2013 - 2:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  46188 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2013 - 2:48 PM

You lenses are fine so I would start from the other direction: buy a cheap second hand body and have one with 18-55 attached and one with 70-300 attached. To avoid being 'obvious' carry one camera in a shoulder bag which is easier to get at and looks more casual than a holster or backpack. Once you know which focal lengths you prefer you can buy a better lens to suit your needs.

franken
    franken e2 Member 113056 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2013 - 3:34 PM

My experience with street photography is that you may not have the chance to change a lens before the moment is lost as is carrying another camera in a backpack

If I'm out and about with an SLR I use a sigma 18-125 and that covers most things really. Best to travel light when doing street photography and I rarely take other lenses.

Ken

Last Modified By franken at 2 Jan 2013 - 3:39 PM
    hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3774 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2013 - 7:50 PM

I love my TAMRON 18/200 for Street Photography.......I didn't acquire it for that purpose but as a good all rounder when asked to help out at a family wedding........the brides parents were so pleased with the pics.....they insisted on paying for the lens.

Since then it is on my SONY A55 nearly all the time.......I would say go for it.

Look at my portfolio to see examples taken with it.

Hobbo

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314963 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2013 - 9:50 PM

Quote: My experience with street photography is that you may not have the chance to change a lens before the moment is lost as is carrying another camera in a backpack

Very true

I would say go for it, that 18-200 is about the same speed as my 12-50mm but covers a much greater range, paired with auto ISO in manual mode would make it even more usable.

I recently programmed the fn button on my lens to switch to a x2 digital zoom, handy at times.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.