Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Reliable PDA?!

RokGeetar e2
6 202 England
12 Feb 2009 12:22PM
I have an HP iPaq HX2790. Which is very nice. Until the battery discharges for no reason Sad Seems to happen at least a couple of times a week. I tried a new battery with the same result.

Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable palm computer? Preferably with Windows Mobile. Otherwise I'll go back to my old Filofax!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2009 12:49PM
I have had a Mitac Mio 168 for a good few years with no problems whatsoever. It has a built in satellite receiver so I use it with TomTom and also Memory Map.

Runs Windows too.

Don't know what the current equivalent is though.

Ian
Richsr e2
7 90 211 England
12 Feb 2009 1:00PM
I have used an the following company to sort my Hp Pocket PC link might be worth a try to sort it.
Regards Richard.
john64 e2
10 824 England
12 Feb 2009 1:15PM
I've got an iPaq hx2490b which I've been using for around 18 months.

It's started running r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w. Had a look on t'net and read somewhere that the iPaq doesn't like lots of small packets of information, like contact details. Now excuse me for being plank-like, but isn't a contacts list one of the main uses of a PDA ?

I too am thinking of going back to a Filofax.
Slaterm e2
8 496 1 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2009 1:31PM
I use a HTC 2730 - smartphone with windows mobile on it - cracking phone. Can do everything I need it for
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
12 Feb 2009 1:45PM
iPhone obviously (or iTouch if you don't want the phone).
I have a Palm Tungsten does everything I need and has never crashed (unlike some previous palm products I've used which crashed hourly), good battery life too,
RokGeetar e2
6 202 England
12 Feb 2009 1:46PM

Quote:I have used an the following company to sort my Hp Pocket PC link might be worth a try to sort it.
Regards Richard.

Hi Richard
Were you having similar problems? That is the same company I bought the new battery from, so I might follow up with them.
Richsr e2
7 90 211 England
12 Feb 2009 6:37PM

Quote:Quote:I have used an the following company to sort my Hp Pocket PC link might be worth a try to sort it.
Regards Richard.Hi Richard
Were you having similar problems? That is the same company I bought the new battery from, so I might follow up with them.

Hi Neil mine had stopped charging so sent it to them for a quote - which came quickly and was a reasonable price. Had the work done and it has been fine since then. Would certainly recommend them.
Richard.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.