Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Reliable PDA?!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    RokGeetar
    RokGeetar  6202 forum posts England
    12 Feb 2009 - 12:22 PM

I have an HP iPaq HX2790. Which is very nice. Until the battery discharges for no reason Sad Seems to happen at least a couple of times a week. I tried a new battery with the same result.

Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable palm computer? Preferably with Windows Mobile. Otherwise I'll go back to my old Filofax!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Feb 2009 - 12:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 12:49 PM

I have had a Mitac Mio 168 for a good few years with no problems whatsoever. It has a built in satellite receiver so I use it with TomTom and also Memory Map.

Runs Windows too.

Don't know what the current equivalent is though.

Ian

Last Modified By digicammad at 12 Feb 2009 - 12:49 PM
    Richsr
    Richsr e2 Member 790 forum postsRichsr vcard England207 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 1:00 PM

I have used an the following company to sort my Hp Pocket PC link might be worth a try to sort it.
    Regards Richard.

john64
    john64 e2 Member 9824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    12 Feb 2009 - 1:15 PM

I've got an iPaq hx2490b which I've been using for around 18 months.

It's started running r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w. Had a look on t'net and read somewhere that the iPaq doesn't like lots of small packets of information, like contact details. Now excuse me for being plank-like, but isn't a contacts list one of the main uses of a PDA ?

I too am thinking of going back to a Filofax.

Slaterm
    Slaterm  8496 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 1:31 PM

I use a HTC 2730 - smartphone with windows mobile on it - cracking phone. Can do everything I need it for

stolzy
    stolzy  83753 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 1:45 PM

iPhone obviously (or iTouch if you don't want the phone).
    I have a Palm Tungsten does everything I need and has never crashed (unlike some previous palm products I've used which crashed hourly), good battery life too,

RokGeetar
    RokGeetar  6202 forum posts England
    12 Feb 2009 - 1:46 PM

Quote: I have used an the following company to sort my Hp Pocket PC link might be worth a try to sort it.
    Regards Richard.

Hi Richard
    Were you having similar problems? That is the same company I bought the new battery from, so I might follow up with them.

Richsr
    Richsr e2 Member 790 forum postsRichsr vcard England207 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2009 - 6:37 PM

Quote: Quote:I have used an the following company to sort my Hp Pocket PC link might be worth a try to sort it.
    Regards Richard.Hi Richard
    Were you having similar problems? That is the same company I bought the new battery from, so I might follow up with them.

Hi Neil mine had stopped charging so sent it to them for a quote - which came quickly and was a reasonable price. Had the work done and it has been fine since then. Would certainly recommend them.
    Richard.

Last Modified By Richsr at 12 Feb 2009 - 6:38 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.