Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Remember when.........

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

keith selmes
11 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'd forgotten Ludo.
There was (probably still is) snakes and ladders, snap, happy families.
I remember wanting a monopoly set, but it was years before we could have one.

Hangman was popular. Can't get much cheaper. Noughts and crosses on a slate.

We had draughts, cheaper than chess I think, but we did get a chess set later.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gudgeon
Gudgeon  7128 forum posts England
11 May 2012 - 1:20 PM

Hopscotch, stick-a-peggy, winter-warmers, tin-o lurky. Smile

Gudgeon
Gudgeon  7128 forum posts England
11 May 2012 - 1:22 PM

'Whip and top' as well Smile

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
16 May 2012 - 8:44 PM

My Grand-dad made a draughts set, he used slices of broomstick painted white and black for the pieces, the board was a piece of half inch pine panel, it even had a compartment underneath to store the pieces.
We played hundreds(thousands?) of games on it, and we never even put the batteries in. Grin

Last Modified By macroman at 16 May 2012 - 8:45 PM
polis_928tadw59

I remember when blokes working in offices had a pencil tucked behind an ear; and they wore elasticated armbands on their shirt sleeves, and the shirts had detachable collars, with a front and back collar stud.

Do they still make the desk calendars, 3"x3" approx. with 1 sheet for each day of the year, upon which was some gem of wisdom, advice, etc. printed along the bottom of the sheet. I used to volunteer to go in on Sundays and holidays to tear off the sheet, in case when people returned to work, and got mixed up with the dates.Tongue

keith selmes
19 May 2012 - 6:16 PM

Quote: pencil tucked behind an ear

which I still do when DIYing

polis_928tadw59

Whatever happened to the epilogue on the TV at the end of the night's viewing ? And also the white dot. ?

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73370 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
22 May 2012 - 9:28 PM

Quote: Whatever happened to the epilogue

It finished.

polis_928tadw59

It be the black spot AND the white dot for 'ee, adrian, me lad. Shiver your timbers. (Remember that then ?)

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

I believe they may even have stopped playing the National Anthem at close of service............... shocking! Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2012 - 1:06 PM

Do they even close the service ?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2012 - 1:12 PM

BBC3 and BBC4 certainly close the service............ but clearly standards have slipped! Wink

polis_928tadw59

Indelible pencils, carbon paper, and flimsies (for copies)

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84308 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jun 2012 - 5:38 PM

Carbon paper and flimsies - I detested carbon paper and wretched flimsies!!!

Something I hated more, back before the days of photocopying, we had to type on a piece of paper with the quaility of wax (that was then rolled around a drum, then every time you cranked the handle the barrel would roll over a sheet of paper, making a copy - making an error when typing was a real headache!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315616 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jun 2012 - 5:49 PM

Telex machines, and these days people complain of slow internet connections Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.